• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old Pieces of music

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend (DarkBios) and I are music fans. He is taking guitar lessons, I was taking drum lessons util money ends... hard to stop, but no choise.

We was making some music pieces in rock style, so I gona upload here some of them and you people just tell me if we spend our time for none.
I was making drums almost at all music pieces and my friend made ALL guitar notes... last of work XD

Well, here is some stuff. Tell me your thaughts.
Note: Life ends at any moment is clearly from DarkBios. He maid this music, ALL of it. I gave it a name as like I feal for it. I just love this music.

Some small update with 3 music pieces (music 2, music 3, i am idiot 2).
I am idiot 2 is kind of remix. Guitar is changed by my friend. Music 2 and 3 are almost full from my friend, so I made some small parts with drums only.
NOTE: DarkBios is interested to know if new I am idiot is better. Tell me this in your comments.

Attachments

• sAD SONG.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
  • Music 01.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • Live Ends At any Moment.mp3
    3 MB · Views: 72
  • My Recording_Mon, Apr 13 2009, 04_26_15 PM.mp3
    789.8 KB · Views: 60
  • I am an Idiot.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
  • I am an idiot 2.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • Music 2.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • Music 3.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Sad Song - eh, incredibly repetitive. It's a good idea, you just need to have more variation

Music 01 - Pretty good, the bass could stand to be louder in a few area's. Not really any complaints here. Breakdown part's great

Live Ends At any moment: Well this isn't yours so my suggestions won't make much here - I just think the lead part is too soft in a few places.

Your Recording: I know these pieces are done with RSE in Guitar Pro, but the drum sounds a bit more realistic then normal from that, you play over any parts with actual drums?

I am an Idiot: No complaints here - pretty good

I'd love to hear the actual recorded parts for these songs, as I can tell they were all done via RSE. Any chance you'll get to recording the actual music?

And the board lags about on views, thats why it says 0 views

Erm, I cant play on drums anymore... i have no drums at home also. I just making things that my brain can make XD
Well, I can play some Linkin Park's drums, but not all and not whole except Given Up (it is too easy!) i also played Nirvana's Smell like a teen spirit :D
Music 01 is a bit complicated to me... low variations, but brakedown and after I did my best (meaby I can better) :)

RSE used at all music pieces, that is no "live" recordings.

I remember the "I'm Idiot", you had sent it to me (in msn).
For the rest:
The Live Ends At any Moment is the most appealing to me.
Then comes "Music 01", which is also nice. Both of the top 2 don't really sound amateur, that's why I like them.
The "My recording" sounds like Music 01, with a lower pitch and power. Nothing fancy, too repetitive.
The sAD SONG is a) no sad at all, b) it causes a bit of pain in my ears, c) it sounds like the old *.mid(i) ringtones for the cellphones. Sorry, but I really had to be honest with you :)

Well done though, for an amateur, you are on the right way!

This is all generated via Guitar Pro, thus it takes a bit less musical knowledge to use when notating as it's set up for a Guitarist and Tabs (you can use Standard notation, but it doesn't transpose). The realistic instruments are the free RSE plugins.

The program itself runs like somewhere around $40, but you may find other methods of acquiring it (I got it from my cousin, he barely uses it so he just gave me the program)

Level 18
I make music too, but I don't tend to use electric guitars. They sound so electronic. I am more of a fan of piano, orchestral instruments, symphony instruments can yield nice things too. I also couldn't help but notice you have no bass-line in your songs...

I make music too, but I don't tend to use electric guitars. They sound so electronic.

You do realize that these guitar sounds aren't actual guitars anyways right? Guitars played right can be incredibly expressive which really differentiates their actual sound to that of a keyboard guitar patch.

I also couldn't help but notice you have no bass-line in your songs...

it have bass In music 1

I heard bass lines in a couple other songs too, RSE's finger bass sounds are pretty weak (unless you use the panning sound which is a bit overpowering) making them difficult to hear sometimes.

You ever plan on upgrading your set-up to a more professional music production program? I know Reason is known for it's virtual instruments though the virtual instruments that come with Guitar Pro are surprisingly good for being only recently included (though I do think the Guitar sounds are a bit lacking, still better then Guitar Pro though).

Status
Not open for further replies.