• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OH THE NOSTALGIA!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys, I'm almost lost for words.

I'm 26 years old. I was 14 during my first time with you guys! I can't even remember my old user name!
This is such a weird feeling, like seeing all this you've maintained for over 12 years.... My heart swells up in my chest for you guys! You are keeping it alive<3

Thank you for existing, and it's so nostalgic that you dinosaurs still use clunky old forums. :)
I suppose with all the filesharing it's the most effective way though. I'm fond of discord myself, however I bought this old dinosaur of a game because I missed making custom modes so profoundly.. and we all know any custom developer for this game needs you guys!
Man oh man warcraft 3 does not get the respect it deserves, and neither do you guys! thanks for the experience! I'm so hyped about making some new modes, seeing all your resources survive, and the community thrives!
Sincerely,
John
aka Nemesis DSGB on xbox/battle.net

Level 2
Ha, If you're a dinosaur so am I, but GG you been here for 17 or so years!
and No,
Sadly i don't remember my old account. It seems you guys went from Hive 1. to this is 2, and now there's 3, I only ever knew Hive1.
I can tell you that a friend of mine on here had an account named torontoraptors. We made Wilderness Survival games back when there was only one version that seemed like a battle royale. I actually connected with the creator and he helped me a ton, and he even played my recreation of his map.<3 lots of good memories here.

That said my first project coming back is ambitious :)
I want to recreate Westeros geographically from Game of Thrones and build a mode that combines many of my old favorites styles: LOAP, Castle Defense, Taxes, Assassinations, etc. Gonna take a long time but I hope the community doesn't die before then<3 (I'm confident it wont)

There'll be 20 "Houses" and 4 AI controlled computers: Wight Walkers, Night's Watch, Wildlings, and Children of the Forest.

P.S. any skilled creators you are welcome to offer assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.