• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Official 2.0X bug & change list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Version: 2.02 - 7/09/08
Post all bugs in this thread please

Below is a list of things I have already fixed:
-Any item that has a stat over 10, gets the ones digit dropped aka with that staff, 11 spell damage becomes 1.
-The item tooltip for saving a hero states level 5
-armor across the board has been reduced on every piece
-Naga now has 4 guards
-Naga Commander's Crushing wave does 105 damage
-Orc Spirit fragment guardians no longer spam you with "DROPPED ITEMS" They just drop the fragment as intended
-Desert spawn will not function properly until the camps are cleared out, now fixed that the camps will not be counted towards normal spawns
-Healing flash cooldown fixed to be more useful
-Clicking where the merchant inventory would be while not viewing a merchant no longer crashes the game
-# of items dropped from mini bosses reduced
-Elixir bonuses have been buffed and costs reduced to make them a lot more useful
-Water Elem's tooltip for proper regen
-All summoned units HP/Armor/Dmg scale with difficulty level. Just to help them live a little longer
-Fixed a bug that if a summoned unit exited the starting area first, it would bug out the heroes final setup and abilities menu
-Decreased the barbs attack speed bonus from Zerkers Fury, increased damage taken to 15%
-Increased barbs damage taken from zerker stance to 15%
-Decreased cleave's coefficient on cleave slightly
-I'm pretty sure I fixed the inventory camera bug
-Meteor no longer requires channeling, you can cast then move and it will always fire (HOORAY!)
-You can no longer use pass judgment on invalid targets (mobs with no judgments on them)
-Added a new proficiency: Melee Weapon, every class has this except the ranger, they cannot use any melee weapons or shields
-Bows will remain as "1 handed weapons" to keep way for adding quiver offhands that modify the ranger
-Warrior's Defensive Stance +def coefficient has been reduced slightly, it also now adds dodge/block rating based on level
-Barbarian's Zerker stance now adds crit and attack power based on level

Other changes:
Twins Fight - brand new abilities and scripted events and fight area (new terrain), no information about these new events and spells will be given, so dont ask! Gotta figure it out for yourself!

Kyron Fight - similar thing, some new scripted events to add more skill to the fight, less hack n slash

Murton Fight - ..... good luck

Notes: Meteor is in question ATM, some people say it randomly doesnt work, but I cannot reproduce it, need more info

Last edited:
Level 34
Not sure if the camera bug is totally fixed. I was playing the other day and it was still having problems after I bought something form a dealer (not every time though). Maybe I didn't have the proper version, but I doubt it as it was version 2, and I could save, so it must have been 2.02.

Level 11
k, Let me state, this is a list of known issues in 2.02 that are fixed for the next version, not things fixed in 2.02, sorry for the miss-understanding

Level 3
I found this bug on the hero class Druid, Im not sure if it is a bug or something with the wc3 engine.

Sometimes when you use overgrowth, the creeps don't attack back until you use overgrowth again on them.

Level 11
I found this bug on the hero class Druid, Im not sure if it is a bug or something with the wc3 engine.

Sometimes when you use overgrowth, the creeps don't attack back until you use overgrowth again on them.

I've seen that sometimes, on rare occasions, the units do not become unpaused even though its the same unit group that gets paused in the first place. There has to be another factor somewhere (i'm thinking a stun was involved)

Level 1
I found a bug on the hero class druid, sometimes i have a double benefit power from the bear form. I think it procs when i die in druid form and when i resurect i yet have the power bonus give by bear form but i'm not in. And if i shift for bear again i have the power bonus a second time.

This bug was present on the 1.xx too if it can help you.

Level 34
Overgrowth just seems generally buggy. Sometimes it doesn't appear where you cast it.

Level 1
The warrior class can equip a 2h weapon along with a shield. I've tested it with every 2h weapon and I can equip them all with every warrior shield. Don't know about other classes or if this is on purpose just for the warrior class. Additionally, I don't know why but a friend of mine started a paladin and it had absolutely no inventory buttons or the traditional skill/stat increase button to access the different inventory based menus. Might've been just a fluke but he chose a new character after everyone else already had their character chosen and in play. We remade the game right away and he picked a new paladin without any problems.

On an NPC note, I noticed most minibosses do not venture far from their respective spawn points if one were to just run up and tag them to try and lure them to the town guards. Although after the minibosses or those in the encounter are engaged where they stand for a while they can then be easily pulled to the guards most noticeable being the Naga miniboss. It seems like the first real difficult boss to defeat for the level you are when you get to the encounter but is made easy by the fact of being able to pull to just outside the city and let the NPC quest givers deal with him.

Level 1
Question Mark Remains

Hey Vex,

Hmmm, considering no-one else has said anything about this I am assuming that you have already "fixed" the "problem". Its not a problem, more of an annoyance. After you do a quest, hand it in, get your reward the grey question mark remains. Dunno if this is intentional. This has happened twice, and I think it might be because I usually play Tkok with one of my mates, so its only two people on (Pyro and Pally). Sorry if this "bug" has already been reported but I couldnt find it.

Level 11
Can you be more specific with overgrowth? I have never seen the spell not work, I play a druid a lot as well

Warriors have two-handed mastery, same with barbarians, they can use 2h weapons as 1h weapons, not a bug

The bug that occasionally stops the final setup (inventory, actions, etc) has been fixed for the next version

Haven't taken the time to program mini bosses to stay near their starting points or with their minions yet, I will get to that eventually

The gray mark on their heads can't really go away on a local player's computer and remain there on other players. It causes a desync from what i have seen

Level 2
I have encountered 2 problems with overgrowth, both almost always occur on slants in the terrain (gnoll/tol'cam cave are where it happens the most, but sometimes had the 1st problem occur on hills in the centaur area -- it may just be a coincidence that it is on slants in terrain):

1) the mobs take their normal damage but when overgrowth should end, they stay "paused" / stunned and do not attack and go to lowest priority possible (as in if other mobs attack the heroes, the heroes will auto acquire / switch targets to the attacking mobs). Very rarely for me will overgrowth-ing that set of mobs undo the bug, but it does sometimes.

2) Overgrowth does not always occur where you place it. Most noticeably in the gnoll area, the east (right hand) entrance to save timmy, if I try to overgrowth on the Y or crossroads, it casts the overgrowth the whole cast AoE diameter to the south, not overgrowth-ing the mobs I want entangled.

Level 11
#2 that's not an overgrowth bug, there is some sort of problem with the terrain, any AoE effect appears "higher" than it should when targeting. watch for the green tinting on the mobs, you will notice that it doenst appear properly

Status
Not open for further replies.