• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oceanic Citadel Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
As i am a clannie of clan 13s(battleships) i wanted to post this competition to see if there are any good people in doing sea-based citadels. As with killer_mushroom's contest strictly blizzard models only. No imports at any times.

Rules and Guidelines
- Must be SEA BASED
- Map doesnt need to be playable and only the citadel needs to be done
- No imported models at all times
- U can use any blizzard models at your disposal. Be cr8tive and think of more ways to improve
- No stealing and copying in a sense of based terrain.(I can see wheter which is copied)
- 1 person terrain only
- Submit at least 3 screenshots. Better if at different angles.

Level 8
lets have this at least trail into spring break. It will give some of us school kids a chance to make a decent terrain w/o worrying about school.

Level 5
count me in

Edit: wait btw, when u mean sea based, you mean we make a building or something that holds stuff?

Or is it like a base kinda thing, since its a cidadel, theres a inside, and I have no idea how to make insides so I might need to drop out, srry

Last edited:
Level 32
At present there is no terrain challenge underway:

One factor in favor of this contest is that it has been long-submitted and has already drawn some interest.

A major factor against this idea is that the previous terrain challenge was fortress/citadel based.

It MIGHT be possible to combine this concept with: City Challenge and make one challenge out of two (slightly) similar submissions.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm, this would be interesting. Can I make an underwater Naga citadel? There was this tutorial right here in The Hive about making good underwater effects ...

Status
Not open for further replies.