• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oak of Souls

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
For this model, I gave the Tree of Life the animations embedded its portrait file, which are presumably the ones from its previous design in the year 2001 before Blizzard created the design that is included with the release version of the game. Then I added some flair and had fun with it.

Feel free to have fun and modify this. My records indicate that I spent about 20 minutes on this in one sitting, then another 5 minutes in another sitting. It's just a bit of fun.

Edit: I attached to the bundle a second version of the model called Dreaming Elder that was trying to use the actual geometry in the Tree of Life's portrait file as well as the animation to make something a little bit different.
Contents

Alpha Tree of Life Remake (Model)

Corrupted Oak of Souls (Fixed Version) (Model)

Dreaming Elder (Model)

Oak of Souls (Model)

Oak of Souls Fixed (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Nice work, but there are still things that can be fixed: Please add an in-game screenshot. For the dreaming elder model, please remove the roots geoset during the end of "Death" animation and additionally during "Birth". The alternate animations also...
Level 10
dude! this is so perfect for my made-up faction the "spirit elves" that im trying to make. can you make more like this?

can you make more like this?

It was made in 2018 and sat on my backup drive for a long time, but I mean, it's literally a recolor tree of life with an animation transfer from the unused second copy of the Tree of Life stored in its portrait. The hand glow is just mana flare.

So yea I can do recolors and copy particles between models. Being motivated to do it is a different beast, though.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Damn, this surely does look amazing! :plol:

Level 10
It was made in 2018 and sat on my backup drive for a long time, but I mean, it's literally a recolor tree of life with an animation transfer from the unused second copy of the Tree of Life stored in its portrait. The hand glow is just mana flare.

So yea I can do recolors and copy particles between models. Being motivated to do it is a different beast, though.

well i mean like other ancient or treant that kinda resembles this model, not just a recolor but if you want to do so i ain't gonna stop you
btw, did you purposely made the Dreaming Elder walks without the legs?

Updated with the fix for the animations. Also added a corrupted version

Edit 2: updated bundle with the asset used for the Tree of Life in this video.

(Note that it is literally a separation iteration on restoring the same thing. I was on vacation or something and didnt have the "oak of souls" asset that i had previously worked on. Also i did some stuff to fix the animations and improve it over the version shown in that video)

Last edited:

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
Nice work, but there are still things that can be fixed:
  • Please add an in-game screenshot.
  • For the dreaming elder model, please remove the roots geoset during the end of "Death" animation and additionally during "Birth". The alternate animations also need to be swapped. It also needs a collision shape.
  • Please optimize the models as HIVE's Sanity Checker has detected tons of small issues such as negative extents and overlapping tracks.
  • Geosets needs to be invisible at the end of "Decay" animation.