• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nuke the Baka v2.3b Fnl

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
After a few years (?) I've decided to upload stuff to this site again.
If you haven't noticed, it's a Touhou map. And this is meant to be multiplayer.

Anyhow, Credits.
ZUN - For creating Touhou.
Garena Touhou Community - for testing the map.
FearNagae - For helping me with leak-removing.
HJ and the Taiwanese Touhou Community (http://www.touhou.cc) for the models, and Defence of the Shrines.
LuckyCharat - for translating my map into Chinese.
Others I've forgot. I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

Since Touhou is not an Anime, I am reluctant to put it into the Anime category.

- Okuu/Utsuho - The first 3 Players will play as Utsuho Reiuji (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Utsuho_Reiuji), the Nuclear Powered Hell Raven. She will have to search for Cirno with nukes (the nukes reveal a bit) and destroy them. If all of the Cirno are dead, Okuu wins.

- Baka/Cirno - 9 Players will play as Cirno (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cirno), the Ice Fairy. Her mission is to freeze all of Old Hell as revenge for the events in the prequel. (Okuu Ending) She must summon as much ice crystals as she can to win. Ice Crystals can be upgraded, and they can only be built in "buildspots". (suspicious red tiles in shapes of squares scattered around the map)

- Satori - (http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Satori_Komeiji) will give tips throughout the game. Tips can be turned off. She's also a neutral in this game.

- Neutrals - There are a few neutrals that can hurt you, both as Cirno or as Okuu. Some are listed below.

- Subterranean Sun - When all Ice Crystals are built, 3 player slots are filled for Utsuho, and all of them had not killed themselves, a final spellcard will be triggered as a last-ditch effort.

As Okuu, you must track down all the Cirno and kill them one by one (or all of them at once if you can hurr), before they meet their Ice Crystals quota. Your skills have an infinite casting range, and they reveal the FOW.

As Cirno, you must make as many Ice Crystals as the target tells you to, while avoiding Okuu's skills and Neutrals.

This game is pretty much multiplayer-only, except for one mode. If you try to play alone, play with only one team, or play with only computers in other modes, you will enter single-player mode, which does not have a victory condition.

At the last 10 Ice Crystals (1 minute in the case of Survival Mode), Okuu's Rage Mode is triggered, causing her mana to rapidly regenerate. Okuu's awesome theme also plays.

Modes:

- Normal - Self-explanatory.

- Vampirism - Dead Cirno becomes Okuu.

- Survival - Using time instead of Ice Crystals to win.

- Total Chaos - Okuu starts in rage mode.

- Baka Slaughter - All players becomes Okuu, and they have to kill as many AI Cirno running around the map as possible. Vision is not shared. The player with most kills wins.

Modifiers:

- Ice Crystals/Time - Sets the number of Ice Crystals to build/Time to survive for Cirno to win.

- Shops - Toggles shops. Nitori will not appear as well if it is off.

- Neutrals - Toggles neutrals.

- Last Word - Turns Okuu's chance to trigger her final spellcard on or off.

- Skip Ending - ...yeah. This game has 5 endings total.

- Marisa Kirisame - The Black-White Witch. She's looking for mushrooms underground, and if you get too close to her, you will STARTLE THE WITCH and she will Master Spark you. It can be avoided, but it's a one-hit-kill.

- Alice Margatroid - The Seven-Colored Puppeteer. Spinning dolls follow her around, shredding anything that gets near her for continuous damage.

- Reimu Hakurei - The Shrine Maiden of Poverty. If you get too close to her, she will force you to donate all your money to her. Else she will go and mark your position to Okuu.

- Yukari Yakumo - The Boundary Youkai. If Okuu shoots her, she will teleport away safely and then teleports the Okuu into Cirno's playfield, leaving her vulnerable.

...and so on.

=Okuu=
- Explosion Sign "Mega Flare"
Shoots a small sun that explodes, damaging and revealing an area around the explosion. Upgrade adds AoE and damage.

- Blazing Comet "Fixed Star"
Shoots a sunbomb that splits into four suns, which three of them will revolve around the point of the blast, damaging Cirno around it. Upgrade adds damage.

- Nuclear Sign "Creeping Sun"
Shoots a slowly moving sun that will shoot bullets out of it, revealing and damaging everything around it in a line. Upgrade adds damage, and the third upgrade turns it into a fast-moving laser.

- Nuclear Strike "Annihilation"
Sets a point, and after 6 seconds, shoots a death bomb that will damage Cirno for Max HP x 99% damage, and has small explosions that deal 300 damage each. Upgrade decreases cooldown and manacost.

- Nuclear Heat "Uncontainable Dive"
Charges to a point, dealing huge damage. But it reduces all mana and leaves you stuck in the Cirno's grounds, leaving you highly vulnerable. Upgrade adds damage and decreases manacost.

- "Hell's Tokamak"
Summons a ring of fire around the target point that shoots at the target point. The ring of fire hurts anyone around it, but a random point will convieniently open up for the Cirno to escape.

- Press Big Red Button
DO IT.

=Cirno=
- Sprint "Baka Slide"
Wind Walk.

- Leap of Faith "Panic Dive"
Jumps, is invincible for a moment, but has a drawback of falling and being vulnerable for a few miliseconds after.

- Ice Sign "Cold Divinity"
Recovers full HP, but leaves you vulnerable for some seconds.

- Ice Sign "Icicle Fall"
Stuns the Okuu. Can temporarily stop the Okuu.

- Ice Sign "Perfect Freeze"
Freezes all the Okuu for 4 seconds, but also freezes self and reveals you while it is active. Good to save other Cirno.

- Freeze "Frozen Hell"
Creates an Ice Crystal in the point. The main mission of the Cirno is to build until the target number. Must only be built on special tiles (the tiles that resemble the ones in the centre of the map) and dark ice.

v2.3b
- Fixed minor bug in Baka Slaughter time limit.

v2.3
- Changed some stats.
- Added Cat Food and Orin Order.
- Increased Nineball's range.
- Fixed some bugs with Nitori items.
- Changed some strings.

v2.2
- Changed the rage mode mana regen system.
- Added a tutorial for people who still doesn't understand.
- Fixed some leaks on Parsee.
- Added 2 more items for Nitori.

Keywords:
touhou nuke the baka cirno okuu utsuho reiuji nuclear fusion old hell video games shooting game danmaku shooter bullet hell
Contents

Nuke the Baka v2.3b Fnl (Map)

Reviews
18:50, 9th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 11
atlast a touhou map! ,I will try to test it and give some review later
m177.gif

Level 17
Looks Fun

Terrain 1/5 Flat terrain Rock spam as surrounding variation could be added of height and alot of work needs to be done. Looks just like an open playing field thats it
Triggering 5/5 Seems leakless and well made
Spells 5/5 Love the effects and abillities good range of choices etc. 100% Mega lol at the big red button. Although its also a dislike due to being not very "noob friendly" --

Enjoyabillity 3/5
BIG RED BUTTON

Variety of modes

Nice models =D

Helpfullness of Tutorial (Although i would of probably just preferred text and ping its about preference :p)

NAME - Although i found it misleading

"Ending"

Dingger prepared

Rin: Catfood :O

Dislikes

Terrain :(

What the big red button actually does :( :(

Having to reveal everything on the all time to be able to see the enemy :(

lack of movement and therefore real involement in the game for (Taggers) UTSUHO-

What seems like useless items -- Pegasus boots/Random Blink orb-Orb of ninne

Spelling error of MODOO instead of Mode

Experianced Taggers Utsuho's can just remember each spot and reveal them at intervals so thats its very difficult/impossible for Cirno's/

Cirno's are frankly quite boring to play as all you do is wait for ice to replenish and rebuild. There is no high action of much enjoyabillity in it.

Final Mark 7.5/10

=3.75/5

Good map just needs to be more enjoyable and a better terrain :(

Although it looks like alot of work was put into this map and i wish you the best on continuing it

Also i know the Neutrals are there to make life harder for the Cirno's But seriously them attacking you when you activated wind walk is veryannoying :(

Level 4
Looks Fun

Terrain 1/5 Flat terrain Rock spam as surrounding variation could be added of height and alot of work needs to be done. Looks just like an open playing field thats it
Triggering 5/5 Seems leakless and well made
Spells 5/5 Love the effects and abillities good range of choices etc. 100% Mega lol at the big red button. Although its also a dislike due to being not very "noob friendly" --

Enjoyabillity 3/5
BIG RED BUTTON

Variety of modes

Nice models =D

Helpfullness of Tutorial (Although i would of probably just preferred text and ping its about preference :p)

NAME - Although i found it misleading

"Ending"

Dingger prepared

Rin: Catfood :O

Dislikes

Terrain :(

What the big red button actually does :( :(

Having to reveal everything on the all time to be able to see the enemy :(

lack of movement and therefore real involement in the game for (Taggers) UTSUHO-

What seems like useless items -- Pegasus boots/Random Blink orb-Orb of ninne

Spelling error of MODOO instead of Mode

Experianced Taggers Utsuho's can just remember each spot and reveal them at intervals so thats its very difficult/impossible for Cirno's/

Cirno's are frankly quite boring to play as all you do is wait for ice to replenish and rebuild. There is no high action of much enjoyabillity in it.

Final Mark 7.5/10

=3.75/5

Good map just needs to be more enjoyable and a better terrain :(

Although it looks like alot of work was put into this map and i wish you the best on continuing it

Also i know the Neutrals are there to make life harder for the Cirno's But seriously them attacking you when you activated wind walk is veryannoying :(

Thanks for the review! I greatly appreciate it! :grin:

Terrain, eh? I'm bad at terraining, I can't do anything about it now...
It's intended to be an open playing field, so yeah.

Also, spoilers:
The big red button has a chance of enabling a secret skill.
This chance is increased when the item Scarlet Ruby is used

The Moddo thing i forgot to change. sorry.

That's the point of the Okuus. They're easier to win if the Cirnos only build in one place, since their Mega Flares deal reduced damage to buildings and skills that can be relied on to destroy their crystals are risky, but the AoE is big. Just revealing won't help destroy the crystals.

and yes, Cirnos are quite boring to play with (except with the case of paranoia) unless you move quickly on one place to another, or upgrade their Crystals so that they can shoot down Okuus with the Ice Crystal Cannon. I'll try to make them more fun to play.

Somehow.

Some neutrals have true sight, so they keep attacking you. That said, I will probably remove the true sight from some of them.

again, thanks for the review!

Level 17
Well to fix the terraining just get biggest brush size. make circle go around on corners n stuff and raise a bit then use smooth. Then make it go up and down like Noise but in a bigger scale since normal noise suks. Add hills this way or something. Then add a pile of trees-- Mushroom trees then add some doods or like a city place. Should take a total of 30-120 mins. depending how neat you wanna be and your terrain should look fine

Level 4
it's not the "terraining i cannot do much" that i'm being bothered with,

but it's the fact that the map got rejected just because of the terrain.

i mean i can understand if it got rejected due to leaks and all, but terrain?
some other maps that got approved doesn't even have terrain.

anyhow, i'm not going to update this anymore anyway, it's the final version as i stated before.