• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not many people around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
I haven't been here for a long time but from what I have seen so far I can say that site isn't very active. In icon resources section there are barely any icon makers and many of those who are active just submit blizzard stuff.

My opinion is that it's bad hive couldn't have created stronger link with dota community or try to set up more resources stuff to focus on SC2 players. If sc2 modding community on hive was more advanced there would definitely be more active members. Sure, sc2 and wc3 modding is quite different from what I myself experienced but take an example of extremely active forum: gtaforums. It is the biggest modding community for gta. Modding in gta is something that gets 10x times more complex with every new title and still their most notable mod makers, with support of community and site ofc, were always able to keep up with it.

In the end, I'm afraid hive have missed a great chance of theme transition when sc2 was still top popular.

Reactions: Rui
Level 21
And yet resources like are still being made, competitions are still being held, projects are still being started and killed in the never ending cycle and Something Else is still being spammed and there is even organized gaming event. For a modding community of 13 year old game what more can you ask. Golden age has ended yes, we can never go back, but Hive is not dead.

It is against the rules for me to express what I think of Dota. Bu Sc2 is shame it didn't work out here.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
The only reason why I haven't moved to Sc2 modding yet is because it's not cheap. I already paid a lot just to get the installation disc and to fully update the game. I even bought a better med-high PC for it. Yet now it still asks me to pay another $30 USD to unlock all the campaigns and in order to be able to test maps and play arcades. Whereas online payments are quite complicated in my country. It's really fucked up. Maybe that's one of many reasons why the Sc2 modding will never work. Only certain people with easy life can get over Sc2 modding.

Roland

R

Roland

Eh, These days younger hivers (Below 14) ransacking the hive with garbage instead of Useful modifications of warcraft. And warcraft is getting old tho, That's why it's a bit unrecognizable to most youths in asia and around the world.

Level 15
Personally, I come back time to time so does a lot of people. It's gotten quieter sure but that's not really a bad thing is it? The last time I was really active I remember there were a lot of trolls and plain dumbasses (I won't mention any names) but I am also glad some people are hanging around even in off topic forums.

Reactions: Rui
Level 28
Eh, These days younger hivers (Below 14) ransacking the hive with garbage instead of Useful modifications of warcraft.

There always have been guys like that, and around 2008-2009 it was even "worse" if you ask me. I don't think they are actually a problem because you don't need to be a resource uploader to actually contribute to the hive in some way. Whether we like them or not they're part of what keeps this site alive. And not necessarily below 14 anyway.

Level 19
I propose a new function for hivers who are at work.
We need a function for, download later, where when we can't download a map we can put a remind on it so that when we are behind a computer we can download it then.

However, this is absolutely the wrong place to post this and most phones can download anyway.

Also... I'm rather tired of Hive... but I'll stay around to Bug Roland, his the only reason I'm still here

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
There always have been guys like that, and around 2008-2009 it was even "worse" if you ask me. I don't think they are actually a problem because you don't need to be a resource uploader to actually contribute to the hive in some way. Whether we like them or not they're part of what keeps this site alive. And not necessarily below 14 anyway.
What's even more fun, is that most of the people that are opinionated about that these days, are the very same people the community loathed back in the earlier days. I swear, the guy who made the original narotu spelpax is probably going to host his own "I hate n00bs" thread in SE any day now.

I also feel that this place has been quieter since I returned. Back when I was the very same troll which now I loathe, this place was far more active. I regret for misbehaving in the olden days and not spending time together like families. (The same can be said for RACC too.)

RACC is probably what keeps me staying in the Hive though. I will miss RACC as well as most of the motivations to stay here when Hive 2 has begun. Ralle decided to ditch social groups but there's one thing I am grateful for -- all discussions remain. So I can continue roleplaying here with fellow RACC comrades. :)

But the homies of RACC will not be as united as before if RACC is gone...

Level 36
What's even more fun, is that most of the people that are opinionated about that these days, are the very same people the community loathed back in the earlier days. I swear, the guy who made the original narotu spelpax is probably going to host his own "I hate n00bs" thread in SE any day now.

And what's more, some even grow into decent human beings. One of the things about
this site, I think, that has kept me around is the impressive dedication some people
have to this site and in being around it. To see someone grow from a fourteen year
old shit kid that loves trolling and dicking around into a decent person on an online
forum is quite something special you can't see anywhere else.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
And what's more, some even grow into decent human beings. One of the things about
this site, I think, that has kept me around is the impressive dedication some people
have to this site and in being around it. To see someone grow from a fourteen year
old shit kid that loves trolling and dicking around into a decent person on an online

Totally me. At least the 14 old part (though I don't recall being a troll), pretty sure I was 14 when I joined.

Roland

R

Roland

Totally me. At least the 14 old part (though I don't recall being a troll), pretty sure I was 14 when I joined.

I joined here in this site when I was 10 years old :p I can recall that the Hiveworkshop is my third e-home <3

I have to say that's pretty much true :)
Liked this place a lot.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I haven't been here for a long time but from what I have seen so far I can say that site isn't very active. In icon resources section there are barely any icon makers and many of those who are active just submit blizzard stuff.

My opinion is that it's bad hive couldn't have created stronger link with dota community or try to set up more resources stuff to focus on SC2 players. If sc2 modding community on hive was more advanced there would definitely be more active members. Sure, sc2 and wc3 modding is quite different from what I myself experienced but take an example of extremely active forum: gtaforums. It is the biggest modding community for gta. Modding in gta is something that gets 10x times more complex with every new title and still their most notable mod makers, with support of community and site ofc, were always able to keep up with it.

In the end, I'm afraid hive have missed a great chance of theme transition when sc2 was still top popular.
Personally, I come back time to time so does a lot of people. It's gotten quieter sure but that's not really a bad thing is it? The last time I was really active I remember there were a lot of trolls and plain dumbasses (I won't mention any names) but I am also glad some people are hanging around even in off topic forums.
Agreed with pretty much everything from both. As I've been preaching for some time, our way of accommodating a game is too insufficient.

I joined here in this site when I was 10 years old :p I can recall that the Hiveworkshop is my third e-home <3
Same! :pcon: though I initially joined wc3sear.ch.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Honestly - I've been away for far too long and with so much happening around me it's been hard to stay as active as I once was. Definitely plan on returning, though.

As for activity - it's still quite active actually - am genuinely surprised and impressed by how many people are still here. I've lost touch with most but I will remedy that starting tomorrow :p

Status
Not open for further replies.