• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Not Enough Space Remaining On This Account"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Normally, you'd probably be right as it seems to happen only with this map, however, the map size is only 372 kb out of a maximum file size of 10.5mb.

Attachments

• SaveScreen.jpg
    SaveScreen.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 350
Level 10
Hey guys, I'm still getting this error and I wont be receiving any help from Blizzard. It's only happening with this map, I've dissected the whole thing and cant find it's route.

Has anyone else experienced this or have more suggestions for fixing?

I managed to get the publish to begin, but then I get this error:

Attachments

• Publish.jpg
    Publish.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 283
Level 5
You can only publish a max of 5 maps at the same time.
The max file size of a map can't be more than around 10Mb (I can't remember the exact number).
Your published maps can't have a total size greater than around 21Mb (can't remember exactly again).
Maybe you've already published 5 other maps or maybe your other mapps occupy 21Mb.

Level 1
I made a simple battlefield map, no triggers or anythng, just layout and minerals with 4 possible players. The first time I made this map and published it, it was fine. But I discovered that the map was too small and for some starting points did not even have vespene gas, so I went in and edited the map suitable enough, fixing these problems, I go to save it, all of a sudden, I'm taking up 22.7MB / 10.5 MB, even though the map had LESS than what it had before!

I remove my original map using the "Manage Files" Button it still says that my account is using 1 / 5 documents and I am still using the same amount of space on the account. SO basically, I'm using no documents and somehow this is all taking up space.

I have tried editing the map so it uses less graphical effects. Removed some water effects as well, and no change. I just cannot work out what is taking up all this space. It is so frustrating because I want to be able to publish this and be able to play it myself and with friends online.

I once heard from someone that once they changed their map name from the map info screen and the publishing screen and they all of a sudden had all this space and it was fine for them after that, but that has not worked for me either.

What can I do to get enough space to fix this one map?

Level 4
I experienced the same thing: uploaded a map once, removed it and tried to upload another and when I did it said "Not enoug space remaining on this account." Even though I didn't have any document uploaded.

Level 4
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/map-development/6814-map-publish-problem-not-enough-space/

Quote from Jinxxx123:

"i have this exact same problem.. i uploaded a test version of my map for private use, then when i deleted my published map , and tried to reupload another under the same name.. i got the error that i had no space even though none of my space was being used.. i eventually found out that changing the name of your map will allow it too be published.. But this bugg is bad!!"

Level 12
I think that error in game variants says something different, I think something with "score screen". Besides, deleting game variants is no solution, you need them if you want to be able to set anything in lobby. Usually game variant errors are caused by locking some values (for example player team placement will cause an error when marked as locked, however it will be locked even if you uncheck the box)

Level 4
By time I found a workaround for this.

Simply rename your map via "Map Info", re-naming in the "Publish" doesn't rename the map. It's some kind of glitch.

Level 10
Update: I renamed my file and reinstalled the game variants, it didn't work. I then removed one part of the game variants (I set each player's race to zerg and locked it) when I reset the players race, I was able to publish it just fine.

Apparently setting the race of a player in the game variants is what was messing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.