• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Norton thinks Starcraft II is a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Unistall Norton -> Problem solved.

Norton is a really crappy firewall...

Your better off with the free version of Zonealarm and/or the free version of AVG!

Level 27
Unistall Norton -> Problem solved.

Norton is a really crappy firewall...

Your better off with the free version of Zonealarm and/or the free version of AVG!

Don't you know that AVG once tough Warcraft 3 system files are virus?
These both antivirus are said to be Bllizardphobic (altrough it never happened to me), but anyway you can report to Norton about the problem.

Level 2
Don't you know that AVG once tough Warcraft 3 system files are virus?
These both antivirus are said to be Bllizardphobic (altrough it never happened to me), but anyway you can report to Norton about the problem.

I use AVG and i am doing fine playing both SC2 and WC3. Anyways even WoW works without, you fucker playing blizzard? pops out...

Level 3
This is why I don't use Norton anymore, too many false alarms and it uses WAAAY too much memory. I switched over to McAffee for a year and now I use AVG Free.

Level 20
AVG FTW! No seriously, never had a virus on laptop or pc for the last two years I've used the 'free' version. Sure it picks up some JNGP stuff as viruses, this is good, it means it recognises potentially harmful file types.

I've heard bad stuff about Norton, but haven't used it myself.

Level 7
first let me say HAHAHAHA omniferous that is funny as hell!!!!!

Now that thats out of the way.....Offgraphic one of a few things happened.

1.You downloaded sc2 from an "unofficial" source and now you have a virus. In which case it serves you right dont pirate games.

2.Norton is stupid and says its a virus. This scenario is very likely as everyone knows norton is a piece of crap.

3. Blizzard has put a virus in sc2. If that is true i will take all the money i have and burn it becuase obviously big corporations can no longer be trusted!!

I will leave it up to you all to decide which is the most likely!

first let me say HAHAHAHA omniferous that is funny as hell!!!!!

Now that thats out of the way.....Offgraphic one of a few things happened.

1.You downloaded sc2 from an "unofficial" source and now you have a virus. In which case it serves you right dont pirate games.

2.Norton is stupid and says its a virus. This scenario is very likely as everyone knows norton is a piece of crap.

3. Blizzard has put a virus in sc2. If that is true i will take all the money i have and burn it becuase obviously big corporations can no longer be trusted!!

I will leave it up to you all to decide which is the most likely!

Did you even read the first post? Which is this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1576210-post1.html . I clearly state that I downloaded the Beta from Blizzard.

Most likely it is just that norton is damn stupid and really THINKS the Beta is an virus.

Level 8
Norton thinks my dick is a virus. That's the worst anti-virus software ever. I'd rather have no anti-virus than have this. I wouldn't put it on my PC even if they pay me to do it. Just delete it and put something else, whatever it is. Nod32 maybe?

Level 4
I suggest avira antivirus. It's free version is superb and I have not had to reinstall my OS for about a year, and still counting, which with any other virus software it would be a month.:grin:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Kaspersky alearted me to the updater being a potential trojen. However as long as you have got the downloader from battlenet (from your account) and only use the updater for all updates, it is completly safe. Blizzard is a comercial company, a scandle over a virus or trojen would cost them millions so they would never consider such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.