• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I bought this CD in store in Europe for 44,99 euro. Since I bought it at Europe I'm pretty sure I'll be directed to EU region in-game.

My laptop has a broken CD Ram and can't probably read any type of CD. Which I totally forgot when I grabbed SCII. (pretty much fail)

So I came up with an alternative solution. I downloaded my StarCraft II at Blizzard's official site. I don't know my SCII is in EU region. but I saw download is available got SEA region so I downloaded that anyway..

After a complete installation and patched. I got a StarCraft II WoL Starter Edition which is probably like a demo. When I click "Upgrade Now" It redirects me to this page.

ekndrn.png

It says upgrade is available. I clicked Enter Game Key and entered my CD key. and it's giving me this message.

An error has occurred.
You already have the maximum number of licenses for this game in this region.

If anyone knows how to deal with this problem or atleast tell me how to convert my SCII to Standard version I'd be greatful.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You will need to contact Blizzard Technical support. I attached mine before there was "Starter Edition" back when StarCraft II was released.

There is a slight probability that this is being caused by the launch of Diablo III messing with their account system. I advise trying again later just in case it was a temporary problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.