• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northern Plains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello again....:grin:

I submitted this terrain after the Day and Night terrain so that I could show you what terrains I'm doing right now... This one is made from scratch and took me 1 1/2 hours.. so that my skills in realism, an important aspect in terraining, will be honed. Not that good though...

"A peasant is exiled from his village, no longer wanting to return there because of the treachery of his brother in an incident that happened in the village.. He then sets up a camp in the Northern Plains, and there he will live....and survive nature and the elements, until he dies, or a miracle will happen."

Attachments

• Northern Plains_Dusk.jpg
    Northern Plains_Dusk.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Northern Plains_Dusk_2.jpg
    Northern Plains_Dusk_2.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Northern Plains_Night.jpg
    Northern Plains_Night.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 209
  • Northern Plains_Night_2.jpg
    Northern Plains_Night_2.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Northern Plains_Night_3.jpg
    Northern Plains_Night_3.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 212
Level 34
In all honesty these are not that great. You seem to have taken inspiration from Void. You have done a decent job on the far background mountains and the up close lighting. That's it. Now work on your doodads. You just make hills, then throw a wack of grass and bushes, then some randomly placed rocks. Try placing things more strategically.

Status
Not open for further replies.