• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Awakening of the chilling bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Time for another terrain screenshot:

"Caught by the ravenous call of the evil itself, all dark creatures seek to the tower of ice in the northern Lands. Now, that everything is prepared, I - the eternal Frostlord - will bring winter to the world. Now that the bastion has come back to life. Frost creatures, I summon you, bring chilling cold with you!"

attachment.php

This terrain is also a tribute and present for l0w_kwaliti and his awesome Lich king model!

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• ChillingBastion.jpg
    ChillingBastion.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 563
Level 3
I like it, and you get reputation for that.
But, I don't like rays.
And who the hell is unit in the upper left corner?

Level 13
Maybe just me but i don't like the city just looks like a icy hill with towers on it maybe make it look more castle like? but rest is ok also statue isn't good just remove it.

Level 7
The background execution is okay, the foreground is messy though. The Lich King's pedestal and some of the skulls are floating. You might want to be more careful on detail and placement there.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The only thing I can think of is that some doodads are floating in the fore-ground, plus the fog could be a bit more eerie. Other than that I love it, especially the statue to the left (can't see why anyone would be bothered by it >.<) Also, creative way of using Orthanc (at least that's what I think it is)
+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.