• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Terrain (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
ok. i have been working all day on a terrain for a map i plan on making. the scale is... well the scale is big, so mountains will look slightly disproportional. i could use a 512x512 map however that would require re-texturing the surface, a tedious task considering i don't even have the game working. none of the pathing blockers are in place, and i haven't really gotten far at all in terms of terrain, however the general height, the mountains, and the coast-smooting are complete enough to show. it's ment to have a western 1850-1900 feel. there will possibly be railroads and stuff, but considering it's a strategy game that will get wierd.

ok enough of my disconected mass of words, onto the map, wich you will have to download because it is 115 AM.

obviously i want opinions on the map, so later versions that may be playable may be posted here for terrain evaluation.

Imperialismtopview2.png

UPDATE!

finished the basic terrain for the northern segment of the map. still no pathing blockers, however to get an idea of the pathing, only the rocks will be unpathable. started on the eastern desert, is going well.

UPDATE 2!!!!

4473 doodads according to the save screen. i have finally finished a game terrain YAY!

Attachments

• Imperialism.w3x
    262.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 18
Few suggestions:
The Hill general shape is a bit weird, maybe too clean to looks natural.
The general aspect of the islands look good.
Maybe not enough height variations.

Level 6
i haven't added hills yet, only mountains and some cliffs and major height variations. thank you for your thoughts, i would give you a penny, but i dont want to pay shipping and handling. =) i also will be adding in forests that should help varry the terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.