1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Norj'Hal Elves Campaign v40

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Campaign by: Captain Picard

IMPORTANT (Reviewer Edit)

• There is an issue related to the filename's length (.w3n). If it is too long, the transition between maps will not work on patches beyond 1.21. So, to solve this, simply rename the campaign once you download it to something shorter like HalElves.
  • Thanks to Warseeker for solving the mystery!
  • Discussion thread: Fixing Old Campaigns
Contents

Norj'Hal Elves Campaign v40 (Campaign)

Reviews
Bob27: An excellent campaign. I enjoyed playing this campaign a lot, as it was interesting, fun, and had some excellent quests. I especially enjoyed the last quest of the campaign. Approved.
  1. warcraftpatch

warcraftpatch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Originally Posted by mracek
    i dont know if that is a bug or what but when i come to the...forgot name but here is it titled as chapter one-A and want to get out then the kick me to the main menu...it happens even if i kill the dreadlords if someone have a clue pls help
    what i do

2. warcraftpatch

warcraftpatch

Resources:
    Resources:
    any one please help

3. Vengeful

Vengeful

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello every one

This map was completly awsome. the ground is too beautiful and Heroes and there talents are perfect.

But I have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig problem.

When I go to cursed ... (forgot name of those big and white forblogs who are cursed and u should kill or heal them) map and then want to come back to main map, The game kick me out of game and I become back to main menu. act I.

Is that a bug? Come on...

mrack have that problem too. So I don't think thats systematic.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  4. SamsoN16

SamsoN16

Resources:
    Resources:
    can't get back from vulcano... help?

nice camp. anyway

5. Feldheld

Feldheld

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is one phantastic campaign, in its existing parts on par with the TFT bonus campaign ("To tame a land"). Unfortunately it has bugs. Saving doesnt seem to work properly (probably a version/patch issue), also when I leave a secondary map through those shimmering borders to return to the main map, I just get kicked out of the game back into the menu.

Googling for "norj'hal" pointed me to an interesting link from as late as 2011 by Captain Picard himself where he posts a new version of his campaign. Unfortunately none of the download links seem to work.

Does anybody have more information about it?

6. jocacar

jocacar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this campaighn but I was not finished.
    Now I am going to do that

7. Feldheld

Feldheld

Resources:
    Resources:
    After I patched the game down to 1.20e the bugs seem to be gone mostly. No more trouble changing from zone to zone, however sometimes not all of my units get transported together with my heroes.

Have to say that some of the quests are really hard. Maybe I need to gain a couple more levels before I can finish them.

At the moment Im stuck at the city of the dead. I have to put lumber in those 8 braziers but with every brazier more undead units swarm me. And even though Im at food limit (14/15) I cant keep my units alive anymore against that shit ton of frost wyrms homing in on me. Did like 15 attempts with different tactics, no chance to hold up against 20-30 of those guys plus assorted ground units attacking me. My heroes are level 10 right now but I guess I have to leave this place and do other quests before I can beat this.

Still a ton of fun to play.

8. open_source

open_source

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Those that enjoyed the TFT orc campaign will surely have loved this one. It also has an interesting story premise.
    However, there is something preventing it from being all played.

beginning area:
    -that hunter is kind of powerful with Ensnare that costs no mana and Entangling Roots
    -the Priestess looks like a hero; it has glow
    -I just used the Staff or Reanimation and the guy said he did not dare to :)
    -the reanimated troll died during the scene with the Protector and those elves that came
    -don't know how/why those Furbolgs turned on each other as they looked as a united group
    -the Ward of Revival has a pretty wide range
    -creeps respawn too quickly..
    -how did Johl transmit the message to the princess from such a distance over the river?
    -the Call of the Wild Polar Champion is too red; looks like he's reanimated
    -it would have been better to just take four or more than one Vials, fill them and then return to imbue the bow instead of doing it one at a time...
    -it takes too much for the bow to upgrade and there's nothing to indicate how long it takes; the only hint that it could be working is the buidling's animation
    -the essence of the wolf appears again after the first upgrade with it
    -the place where the player can hire troops is also named Archer's Ward
    -the Starlets of Ezune are a waste of time find
    -there's a white Magnataur that appears later on in the east; it might confuse players to think it would be the last from the summoners
    -a hint/message should be given to the player to know that only the units near the entrance to another level will follow

volcanic area:
    -why would only the Wendigos be saved and not all other creatures? I know gameplay; yeah, yeah, they're intelligent too...
    -when meeting the owl, the summoned Furbolg was selected during the cinematic mode
    -the Obsidian Golem is a hero (level 10; has no glow)
    -it's easy to kill the Revenant sending Furbolgs and using the bow's magic; even if he changes location, the minimap ping compromises his location...
    -the princess was selected during the cinematic where the demon appears out of nowhere (how/what!?)
    -so, Revenants are not just undead, they're also elemental?
    -what? humans/elves living there? I mean still alive? Is she a witch/sorceress too?
    -so, they captured the elf to torture him, that's why they didn't kill him?
    -his wife and horse were going all by themselves through enemy territory
    -the Staff of Revival can be used to heal the Wendigos
    -the Priest was selected during the Wendigo end cinematic scene
    -the player name of the blue Revenants is Player 2
    -the orb's level is predecessed by a "-" and is not contained in brackets like the level of other items
    -the owls in the volcano stopped moving, probably because of a cinematic scene pause
    -Rose of the Dead can't be dropped. It blocks an inventory space and so forces the player to finish the quest about it first

-Ward's revival is pretty powerful
    -there were still elementals and wyrms attacking the Blood Mage in the scene after the demon was killed
    -wait, when did that history happen? Orcs weren't under the legion's service during the War of the Ancients
    -the aerial blue units are paused (even their animation) for a good couple of seconds before they start moving
    -did the druid use a barrel of explosives on Nether Drakes!? Dude... I doubt they (the elves) even had something like that
    -the druid followed Aszhara through her base where her troops were just standing like British Queen's Guards
    -the par was killed and revived by the Ward which was not in the middle of the volcano where the selected princess talked to a "ghost"
    -exiting the level, the campaign menu is shown; too bad...

3/5 due to bugs/incompatibility.

EDIT: replayed this on 1.30.4. It works quite well.
    Boy that City of the Dead defense :|; and the ending evacuation was just too long.
    Anyways, 5/5.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Description update:
    • There is an issue related to the filename's length (.w3n). If it is too long, the transition between maps will not work on patches beyond 1.21. So, to solve this, simply rename the campaign once you download it to something shorter like HalElves.
    • Thanks to Warseeker for solving the mystery!
    • Discussion thread: Fixing Old Campaigns

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought this campaign was really well made.

Some points I want to mention:
    The maps were well designed, with lots of optional quests.
    The respawn rate for creeps was really fast, and some bosses were really difficult to defeat due to the respawn rate (Lava boss revenant/Demon especially).

The thing that stood out most about this is how you used a special type of English to write this in. You essentially made your own variation of english, not in the same nature as middle age English, but another kind, which I think must have taken so much time to actually implement into an entire campaign. I also think I recognize it from somewhere, but I cannot identify it. I know this sounds silly, but if you ever come back, could you explain to me what "twist" you added to the grammar in your campaign, because you are 100% a native speaker, but you have added something to it that makes it one of the most unique things I have ever seen.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you choose the recommended 100% respawn rate at the beginning? Because you can choose lower than that. I guess it'll affect how fast you can level up by rinsing and repeating.

13. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does this project Dropped or still on working

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't think so, it's been so long but there's a lot to play if you haven't already.

15. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    i just finished this campaign , it really good are there more of it