• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Noone joins my games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ughh, I can't figure out if this is the hardest part of making a map or not.... getting people to test my map.
I spend a bunch of time making my map, I host it up, but noone joins. Or someone joins, sees the games empty, and leaves straight away.

Has WC3 devolved so far that people only want to play dota or AMM now?

I know its not a port forward problem, cause I host a tower defense map and it fills in seconds :(

Do you clearly state that its a beta test in the game title?

People seem more apt to join if a game is completely new, and if its not such a huge pain in the ass, people like seeing their names in maps, thus crediting testers could ensure repeat testers or more people testing the next time.

At least this is as has been my opinion on the US East servers (no clue what that translates in wc3 language, dont pay too much attention)

Level 10
Garena? RPG rooms?

I guess I could say its a beta in the title. The map I'm working on at the moment is just a melee map, and I want to obs it and watch two people go 1v1 to see if its properly balanced.
But because of a small snag I have no choice about, the maps not flagged melee, so people wanting to join 1v1 obs games probably filter out custom maps :(

Level 7
Heres the Thing

www.garena.com, it's where everyone plays now. Dota only server, you know? I think Garena is a load of crap... for warcraft 3, the other games on it are good because you can.. ehem.. "buy" *finger thing* games and play them there multiplayer :grin:

Barely anyone plays BNET anymore, all on G Arena. Even if you try hosting dota, it will probably take 5 minutes to fill up now. :mwahaha:

But the good games... take hours if not days to fill up :cry:

Try playing custom games you really like on bnet.. you will be asleep by the time someone joins, and then they will leave in the next second. Stupid GArena.. :razz:

EDIT: Well I found RPG rooms which I couldn't give a puck for.

Level 16

Seconded.

My country's Garena has only DotA Rooms. I know two Local Battle.NET on my country. One nearly never host a map other than DotA (Most are Bitchmouth "Pro") while the other sometimes (well, more frequent than the earlier) host maps other than DotA. DotA is a freaking Infernal Contraption. The only good thing that comes from it is the prolonged life of WCIII.

Level 14
www.garena.com, it's where everyone plays now. Dota only server, you know? I think Garena is a load of crap... for warcraft 3, the other games on it are good because you can.. ehem.. "buy" *finger thing* games and play them there multiplayer :grin:

Barely anyone plays BNET anymore, all on G Arena. Even if you try hosting dota, it will probably take 5 minutes to fill up now. :mwahaha:

But the good games... take hours if not days to fill up :cry:

Try playing custom games you really like on bnet.. you will be asleep by the time someone joins, and then they will leave in the next second. Stupid GArena.. :razz:

EDIT: Well I found RPG rooms which I couldn't give a puck for.

I recommend using Garena. It's been a year or so (all my Wc3 Gaming time) that I'm using Garena, and games fill up in seconds. Really in seconds.
You won't find any DotA hosted there if you go to RPG rooms...
Here's why:
There are 52 Europe DotA rooms (all full) and 8 RPG Rooms. So well, people that want to play RPG's / Other maps go to RPG rooms, and DotAtards go to DotA rooms. So you're freeee..
Try it. I guarantee your game will get some people joined..

Level 3
i play here

eurobattle.net
i play here every day and i host my maps here
normaly 80% of the servers are Dota / footman frenzy
but the other 20 % are maps that people make

i make maps like rpg and other stuff and i have to tell my friends to hurry up to join bcuz the server fills too fast:p
most of the people already knows my maps i host them like
on the start my server appears called "me"
when i enter there are already 2~5 ppl already thanking me for hosting those maps and ofc ready to play :cute:

you can try it out and if you want me to host a map just email me(like it says on the server message box) send to [email protected]
ill be w8ting your maps :p

Status
Not open for further replies.