1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I can't host games on WC3. Help?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Setokaiva, May 10, 2019.

1. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Before you say anything, yes, I tried port forwarding. I'm behind an NAT router (TP-Link Archer C59), and when I logged into it, all I saw was "NAT Triggering", no port forwarding. I added a thing into the port triggering list for Battle.net (this was a preset, to my surprise; port 6112 on TCP and all), and tried that.

It didn't work.

I tried changing the ports around. 6112, 6119, 6112-6119. I tried running a third-party "Network Utilities" program to find all the ports WC3 was using, then added those onto my router's port triggering list. That didn't work either. Has Blizzard changed the port it uses to host games on ever since they switched to hosting games on their own dedicated servers, instead of it being peer-to-peer?

I'm using HughesNet satellite internet as my ISP. It goes dish > modem > router > PC. I tried bypassing my router by hooking the cable straight to my PC, that didn't work either. I use Windows 7.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:

And yeah, in hindsight, I guess I should have put it in Warcraft 3 Town Hall. I just didn't notice that at first 'cause so many other topics are World Editor-centric. Thanks.

One thing, though, I'm not hosting on LAN, I'm hosting on Battle.net. So a significant difference there.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ooh, my bad then.
    See if you can find anything in this forum:
    Patch Discussion

5. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thread moved to Town Hall forum.

6. mori

mori

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forwarding ports is generally no longer a requirement for hosting games. That was the whole point of the whole "games hosted by blizzard" ordeal. So it's definitely not your ports being misconfigured or whatnot.

Try to see if any of your firewalls (default Windows or any additional ones you have installed/enabled) are blocking WC3, and maybe disable them temporarily to see if it helps the issue. I can't recount the number of times the Windows firewall has been a pain in my ass, so it's not an unlikely possibility.

7. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Turned off Windows Firewall, and everything else I had (the rest was mostly just antivirus), and that did precisely nothing.

Here is the rub: If I take this computer to another location, one that has straight-up DSL internet instead of my satellite, and I leave everything else unchanged, it DOES work. I CAN host games. Somehow, using a different ISP made all the difference. What really confuses me is that this was never an issue before; I could always host games with my HughesNet satellite, right up until Blizzard did its big patch and changed its hosting rules. I actually think I remember being able to host a little after that, even, but somewhere along the line, it just stopped working.

Like I said, I tried completely bypassing my router, and that didn't work. But taking it to a different location and hooking it up to faster DSL, that DID work.

8. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This worked for me:

upload_2019-9-22_7-48-47.png

upload_2019-9-22_7-47-15.png

EDIT:

Maybe it didn't work! I found out I was region locked to Asia, so only a small number of non-English speaking players saw my game. I used a VPN (talk about overkill) to get around this, lo-and-behold, it worked!

Windscribe gives you a free trial, 2 GB (without email verification) and I'm pretty sure that's enough for Warcraft lul

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019