• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PLZ HELP i got problems with hosting and port settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all,
after hours of searching trough allot of information about how to host, i still cant make it happen.
What i got =
-Thomson TG789vn , router or someting(kpn box experia). I have wireless connection. (computer downstairs has cable, dunno if it matthers?)

After i enterd my ip in internet i could change some settings, I clicked toolbox -> Game & Application Sharing and i modified warcraft3 and applied it like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Use UPnP: Yes

Use Extended Security: No

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Game or Application Device Log

Warcraft III Unknown-00-25-56-ab-d7-fb On

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Protocol | Port Range | Translate To ... | Trigger Protocol | Trigger Port

TCP | 6112 - 6119 | 6112 - 6119 | TCP | 6112

UDP | 6112 - 6119 | 6112 - 6119 | UDP | 6112

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still the ports aint open and i cant host. Does anyone know what my problem is? Maybe i got to do with the main computer or someting? Can anyone please help me?

Level 7
Its not the firewall. i allouwd the ports and i tried with firewall of.
But how do i make sure it is forwarding the ports to the right local ip adress? can u explain plz(A)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well, cause you are using wirless, it generally means that more than 1 computer can use the wirless source. Thus it gives (or the router gives) your computer a local IP address so it can be told appart from orther computers on the network (makes sure only it gets the right packages).

Under your network properties for the wirless connection it should show the local IP address.

Level 7
ok i found 2 different IP's, i had modified the IP i got from a site google - my ip. But now i looked in internet properties and i found some other IP's, local i think. so i typed the ip in internet and i got to the same site. Also the settings where the same of the other IP.
But my biggest problem still is that i dont know where i can add the IP adress to the forwarding ports. If i know where i will just try some IP's i can find on my computer.
so do you know where to add the IP to the forwarding points?

Status
Not open for further replies.