• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to host on B.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First type 192.168.1.1 in your WebBrowser's address bar. (Note: it might not be 192.168.1.1, depending on your settings, but 192.168.1.1 is the default)
It will ask for your password and user name. Input "admin" (without quotes) for both.(again, if your setting is different, then so will be the UN and PW but admin is the default) You will enter the page of your ADSL Router. Find Virtual Server or Port Forwarding. You are most likely to find those under the advance tab. (Every router is different so don't ask me how to do it in details) You would have something like
DSL-G604T5.jpg
this
For rule name, input any name you desire but i recommend putting Wc3 so you wont get confused.
For port start, put 6112. 6119 for port end. 6112 again for port map. And in the IP textbox, put your private IP. (if you dont know your private ip, go to Start>Run>Cmd and type IP config.) There you will see your ip. It should begin with 192.168

click apply in the port forwarding.
Run Wc3. Go to options>gameplay>port> and input 6112>login to b.net>you can now host your games!

For details on how to forward your port go to:
PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

I think that portforward.com would be an easier approach.
You don't tell people how to locate their IP address or anything. Portforward will let you select your router and the site configures half of this crap for you.
You also forget that not everyone's wc3 is set to run on the 6112 port.
It's a good idea for a post and it would be more helpful if you actually gave a step by step explaination.

Level 5
I think there's already a tutorial on this. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f456/hosting-games-router-software-configuration-5888/ Unless you wanted to discuss it, but it seems as you're just telling us how to do it.

I managed to do it but I was at my friends place because he wanted to host games on battle.net. However I couldn't figure it out. I did as I was told on Portforward, is there a second firewall or something that blocks the connection then?

Last edited:
Level 5
Run Wc3. Go to options>gameplay>port> and input 6112>login to b.net>you can now host your games!
[/url]

I said to change the settings...
I think that portforward.com would be an easier approach.
You don't tell people how to locate their IP address or anything. Portforward will let you select your router and the site configures half of this crap for you.
You also forget that not everyone's wc3 is set to run on the 6112 port.
It's a good idea for a post and it would be more helpful if you actually gave a step by step explaination.
I also said
Start>Run>Cmd and type IP config.) There you will see your ip. It should begin with 192.168
[/url]

Are you blind or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.