• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Okay, I've tried everything. Set a static IP address, opened port 6112, done all of the steps, and I still can't host. No one joins.

I have a linksys BEFWS4 router and high speed cable. I've made sure the windows firewall allows. I don't have a software firewall. I have WC3 installed on the other computer on my netwrok and I set the port to 6113 on there. Any ideas? I followed the tutorial on portforward.com to the letter.

Level 8
if you've changed your port in warcraft you also need to change it on your router.
Do you have hardware firewall in your pc? Or do you use more than one router/acces point/dsl-modem with integrated router?
As i remember with the linksys you need to go to "Advanced>Forwarding" and then enter the ip and port needed.

Another possibility is that if you use a shared internet connection, like if you live in an appartment block. They often use a main router which also have firewall. In that case there's nothing to do.

Else try read the manual? :D :roll: -online- those small shitty things you get with your router shouldn't be called manuals :roll:
I use a belkin router, better interface for changing settings than the linksys imo :p

Last i used a linksys i opened "Port filtering" and then entered the port x) ofc i was unable to use b.net. --- i was like DOH! when i found out :p

Level 36
yeah, i don't have a shared internet connection, but the computer i wat to host with is not the one tha i ca ged on the router settings. the only hardware firewall i have is in my router, if you'd call it that, unless my cable modem has one, i dunno. I forwarded the corrct port, set it to the correct ip...i'm out of ideas lol

Level 36
okay....things got more strange. i enabled DMZ on my router which completely shuts off the routers firewall, exposing the local pc to the internet. i still couldn't host. I tried opening up selective ports, but hell, if opening ALL of the ports doesn't work, then I don't think opening a few will either. Could my highspeed cable modem have a firewall? I don't have a software firewall....could anything else be blocking me from hosting? My 2nd computer connects wirelessly btw.

Level 36
i have the hardwired computer (my main one) set with the default port that is 6112. I have the laptop set to 6113. I opened 6112 to 6119 on my router, forwarded and triggered. Do i need to set the port on my main computer to one other then 6112, so that neither of the computers connecting to battle.net use it? It's worth a shot actually....I'll try it when I get home. bless tech class and it's infinite periods of tim for doing nothing ;)

Level 21
ok mabey you have a hardware firewall, the new asus motherboards have hardware firewalls on the erthanet ports, i believe you can get a program to disable it. if that doesnt work try picking up your pc, finding a local river and throwing it into it. that should get rid of the problem.

Level 36
hmm...well i'ma try changing the default port on my pc to something other the 6112 so no pc's use 6112, maybe it will make a difference I don't know lol but my m/b is pretty ancient, it's a pacific magtron and i'm almost positive it isn't blocking them because it's too ancient and cheaply made to have such a quality service built into it lol.

Level 21
yep, one time my cd wouldnt read. so i picked it up, gave it to the merky blue and then went home. turns out the cd was scratched....

nooo dont be silly im joking, never throw away a good computer! if you have to strip it bare and sell the parts on ebay :p personally i think your problem is not with ports, i think its a hardware firewall in your router or a software firewall you are un-aware of. also, some computers just cant do it. i dont know why but they just will refuse to host. like what i said earlier, mine wont host cs, ever. even if i have a new modem and new install and no firewalls it just wont host it. its sucks i know...

Level 3
I have an idea, not sure if it works or if you have enough money but i think you may need to find a new copy of the game, cause my brother also cant host and my dads tryed everything, so the last thing to do is to get a new copy,try ebay.(or as gst said, let it swim with the fishes (its the mafias solution to everything))

Status
Not open for further replies.