• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ninja Brawl v0.72

Description
Samurai's Brawl is a two-hit fighting game, where play as a ninja or samurai in a small village. This is a skill based map where reaction, aim and brain is a factor to winning. All attacks can be dodged in one way or another. The abilities are also designed to have not just one, but several purposes. The terrain also have alot of different gameplay elements to make the map interesting such as buildings with cliff sight advantage, sight blocking hedges of grass and tall grass that makes you invisible when hiding within.

Features:
-AI
-Game modes: FFA, CTF, Oni
-Free for all/Teams
-4 classes to choose between
-3 maps to play on
-6 spells per class
-spells that can be comboed into kills
Contents

Ninja Brawl v0.72 (Map)

Reviews
00:53, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
fucking good map. :D
I tell you all, this map is funny as hell. :xxd:
5/5 , +rep , Vote for Approval. ;D

Funny? You sure you got the right map? :eekani:
The map is very well made but I fail too see anything humorous about that. :wink:
Terrain is really well done 5/5.
There is still work to be done on the heroes but since I think it's in beta state thats not a problem. It would be a very interesting hero arena to play when it's finished. Keep working on this :)

Level 7
Oh my God......This game is freakin good.And 2 ideas for next ver:A little shop with upgrades for your class. example: +5 hp +10 move speed +2 mp regain.
And 2nd idea:when you die you spawn with the class you had picked at start.You dont choose again.

Level 24
Well that i can easily do, but to make the bots use spells properly wont happen :/.

I have made an AI now for the next future version.
The AI is a bit simple, but works nicely and the bots are infact able to kill you even though they're pretty stupid.
I've also added a little random factor to everything they do to make them look more lively, however they wont replace real players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I have made an AI now for the next future version.
The AI is a bit simple, but works nicely and the bots are infact able to kill you even though they're pretty stupid.
I've also added a little random factor to everything they do to make them look more lively, however they wont replace real players.

gr8, can't wait :D This is actually the most enjoyable map I've found here, and I've been around for 2 years.

Level 7
Hi. The map is good. However, i find that samurai are weaker than ninja. Moreover, the game is fastly repetitive. Maybe you should add events, missions, shops... Well it's a good beggining.

x0x0ax00ax0ax0ax0ax0 now you made me remember that i won in me vs 3 guys with samurai.

Level 24
Pandaren_God@Well in version 0.35 the ninja was infact more powerfull.
It depends a bit on the playstyle though.
The samurai for example has more crowd control abilities aswell as being able to escape without taking much harm.
While the ninja is more of a lurker support class and can only take care of one player at a time.

Anyway im considering adding 2 new abilities to each class.
-For samurai a projectile net ability to put enemies down to the ground for 2.5 seconds.
-As for the ninja he will get an offensive ability, a kunai with an explosive seal which is thrown in an arc and explodes after 2 seconds or so.

Level 11
Awesome map 5/5. Reminds me of the good old days of ninja vs samurai.
Things you should do:
-add secret item shop on some rooftops or in the bushes.
-add more abilities for all heroes
-add another hero class, maybe 2

Level 24
Btw the map is too little for fullhouse.
Yes i am quite aware of it, because in fullhouse games people stack like fish in a barrel. I have plans for making 2 new arenas, but if either of them will be bigger then the current i am not sure of.

This map is quite fun until you reach a certain amount of kills because it is quite repetative. I sudjest maybe making events that happen ocasionally to make it more exciting.
I think the main issue lies within the limited content of the map which it currently is. Adding more classes, items game modes, arenas would definantly help, but of course if i overdo it'll turn into something like DotA which is more of quantity rather then quality. Thats why im looking looking to improve the old abilities so they're suit for multiple situations and making the gameplay differ a bit for each time.

Level 24
Read changelog, there are 3 classes now, it should be enough for now.
There will be atleast 1 more in the future aswell more items.

As for the next version goes im gonna add different game modes such as CTF and Oni mode + 2 more arenas to fight on.
Hopefully i can also introduce some new interesting gameplay elements on the new arenas.

Level 24
Im referring Fuuma as to one of Black Stan's models: HeroKataroFuuma
2lvlfr6.jpg

As for what to name the class im unsure of, but i will figure something out.

Oni is simply put another word for demon, its a class im going to make especially for a gamemode where a player becomes the Oni by getting first blood and the others will have to kill him to become the Oni. Of course its not going to be simple since his abilities are pretty powerfull.
Im either basing this class on the Red Blademaster model or on one of Black Stan's models.

Level 24
New version:

Changelog version 0.50:
-Added 2 arenas
-Added game modes
-Added team/ffa
-Added gametime
-Various other cotton candy changes

Played a few matches vs. players on the new gamemodes, its definantly much more interesting playing with game objectives.
Btw FFA CTF isnt available yet, im going to finish it for the next version. It will be something like 1 flag passing through the map to the other flagroom, could turn out cool aswell ^^

As for next version goes i will also add a goalscore game setting and maybe optional options for each mode such as reverse CTF (assault mode).

Level 11
Awesome work, keep it up!

Somethings to take note: the Kunoichi Ravager does not currently have a teleport, spell so i can't pwn roof campers. (The two newest hero need one more ability, the raveger should use swift charge to climb on rooftops imo)
Also make a bigger arena for 5v5 or 6v6 full house games, and maybe some additional items like speed boots, and some weapons like throwing shruiken as a consumable item)

Last edited:
Level 24
Somethings to take note: the Kunoichi Ravager does not currently have a teleport, spell so i can't pwn roof campers. (The two newest hero need one more ability, the raveger should use swift charge to climb on rooftops imo)
Also make a bigger arena for 5v5 or 6v6 full house games, and maybe some additional items like speed boots, and some weapons like throwing shruiken as a consumable item)
I dont think you have really... played it alot?
The Kunoichi class can infact use Swift Charge to move on top of rooftops.
Villageside is supposed to be a map suited for full house games.
Permanenent items would ruin the game - therefore no boots.

Level 24
wait nvm, you have to target at a rooftop not near the base of the building
maybe not boots but a speed booster power-up

anyways are you planning any new stuff for the next update? maybe a ranged class?
Im not so sure about adding speed booster items to the map, the Samurai already have a spell to boost up his speed. It could also cause some imbalance to the classes and game modes.

As for ranged classes go, well i doubt i will add any, the Glaivemaster works sorta like the ranged class of the map as it is now. Each class provides a different playstyle to the map.
Samurai - Fast and swift
Ninja - Stealthiness and Assination
Kunoichi - Close Combatry
Glaivemaster - Long Range and Static Fighting

Level 1
Please add more heroes and items.

I can't wait for this map to be well-known.

So tired of playing dotA.

^_^x

Last edited:
Level 12
This map is incredible.

Maybe you already know that, but the similarities with Ninja vs Samurai are many.

Although this one is more realist and dynamic (first I though NvsS was realistic, but people just don't die in one swing. Two swings (or three if one of the heroes have regenerated enough) is a lot better and dynamic.) NvsS had a really good idea of gameplay.

The suggestion is, you make a Talisman mode. There are thiefs and protectors, and the rest is pretty obvious.

I know that there may be issues at first and all, but I believe that you are able to do it.

Also, maybe making a faster way to climb buildings.

There are no flaws at all, and you revived a genre that I loved playing.

5/5 + rep.

Level 24
Heh, thanks! :)

The suggestion is, you make a Talisman mode. There are thiefs and protectors, and the rest is pretty obvious.
Ninja vs Samurai has always been my favourite map, so i guess adding it would be nice. Not quite sure yet how to make it FFA compitable (as all game modes are), but i will work something out.

Also, maybe making a faster way to climb buildings.
This is quite an annoying issue with the high coldowns on transport abilities, but unfortunantly i cant do much since it would stir up the balance.

There are no flaws at all, and you revived a genre that I loved playing.
That warmed my heart :)

Level 12
I had an idea to make it a FFA.

Assuming it is in a map in NvsS style, everyone is actually a thief.

However, each and all of them work alone, and so the first that gets all the talismans win!
So that they won't occupy inventory space, make them in charges.

Perhaps in this FFA version there could be less talismans... Imagine 10 players killing each other trying to get 6 talismans? (Although in the end, someone with lots of charges will battle someone with the rest of the charges...). Also, the bowmen should have 100 damage... Or 55, but with a lot of guards around. Like, three minimum. Also, I don't know if they should have only 50 life (since they are unarmored and unprepared... Or at least not as prepared as the heroes to withstand such damage) Or a bit more (60 so that they wouldn't die in one hit, but could be easily combable.) Perhaps in FFA there are no guards, but each Hero starts with one talisman.

Edit: Also, there are few things that could be made to improve the game, since as I stated before, the game is flawless.

1. More heroes. On that you would have to think a LOT, since you already used most of Japan's military units and their weapons. A Samurai wielding the classic daikanata, a "Kunoichi" (Not a very fitting name, in my opinion) using the School of Two skies, from Musashi. A shinobi, with stealthy skills and etc; and even a Glaive Master, which I never heard off... except perhaps, Tenten from Naruto. (XD)

I really have no ideas regarding this.

2. New maps. One more map for each player setup. Since the arenas now are more about the rural lands of Japan, there could be Castle or Urban arenas. For 1v1/2v2, a big room inside the Castle. (Do you know a chinese movie named Hero? The throne room full of extended and colored fabrics would be perfect). Mid player ammount could be Castle Gardens (Or Grounds, whatever name appeals more), and a full house game could be settled in Tokyo (or Kyoto, as I think it was bigger at that time.) A suggestion for compiling those Arenas could be checking images of the game Genji: Dawn of the Samurai, as they show perfectly Kyoto's streets, and some castles around it.

3. New modes? I already suggested NvsS, and you already agreed with it. You already used good well-known and original modes, but...

I was thinking of a REALLY awesome Mode I saw the other day, but it is so original and innovative and etc that perhaps you should ask its creator first before using it.

Assassination/Hitmen Mode

Also, I was thinking...

Perhaps you could modify Dash, Wind Gust, and Sonic Boom, so that they become more combable. Like making Dash (which should be modified to Leap) make 45 damage and Wind Gust/Sonic Boom 10 damage. Or 40 damaging Dash, and 20 Wind Gust/Sonic Boom... Whatever turns out best. (Although I like the 1st option, since Wind Gust and Sonic Boom already knockback, and Sonic Boom teleports. Perhaps 20 damage Wind Gust and 10 Damage Sonic Boom. Whatever is better.

Last edited:
Level 24
Elimination mode is quite possible and sounds a bit fun.

As for Talisman mode, i've been pondering a lil; the difference between the FFA and Team mode is just too different and npc's. The reason why i dislike npc guards are because they are predictable and can easily be beat around the bush. There is simply too much work that needs to be done, which i really dont need because i'm already quite busy working on my Hero Arena map right now.

As for other maps i guess thats possible, especially an indoor level would be kinda nice as the other themes are pretty bland.