Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
hi,
what i want to know is how to create a very dark night effect (not the normal night in wc3).
there are some maps with this feature.
i also want to know if someone could do a flashlight effect for me? something like an attachment which lights the area in front of you (cone)

ty

Level 26
The global light is realized via the day night models:

JASS:
native SetDayNightModels            takes string terrainDNCFile, string unitDNCFile returns nothing

Take Environment\DNC\DNCLordaeron\DNCLordaeronTerrain\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdx as reference for example. It contains a single light emitter whose parameters you can change, also animate in order to make it game time of day-dependent.

Level 14
If you use GUI then just go to custom script and put in call SetDayNightModels("",""). This will basically remove all light emitters. You need to use a custom light model. I think this one will work Light model. You could also look at this tutorial Torch System. There is also a way to make a custom day night cycle (DNC model) you can use this tutorial for that Animated DNC Light Models

For my campaign I use a custom DNC light model as well as the total darkness one with light models for interiors. Hope this helps!

Level 14
Which light model did you download? The one I linked or the one that is linked in the tutorial? I believe the one in the tutorial might be better, and I'm fairly certain you can change the size, but I haven't tested it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.