• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi.
I'm using grass in my map that is dark from 1 side when looking at it so I need to use Light sources to make it look similar all around.
I also want to make dark nights but I found no good way of deactivating the light sources.
When i made the light sources destructibles and killed them for the night it worked at first but later, when placing more of them they bugged out and didn't give light at all or only gave it to very few objects. When changing the light sources to Cinematic doodads though, it worked just fine even in high numbers.

So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how I could make light sources that Don't bug out and can be disabled/killed/deleted for the night and brought back the next morning.

Edit: Or maybe any1 has any idea how to make the grass look like it does in front? In the model editor the whole grass model looks the same from both front and back, when placed on the map though it turns dark or black when looking at it from the back or from the side. (in normal camera view it looks fine)

Level 4
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Here's the model.

Attachments

• SavanaGrass2.mdx
    14 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.