• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elves Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Night Elves

2vl5shh.png

2nrlb44.png
Gameplay/Hero Roles
Playable by up to 10 players on the same team, start off by picking a hero. Enter the arena with your allies and defend yourself against Illidan's endless number of minions. Successfully finishing a level will net you bonus gold and a trip to the shopping area - where you can heal up, buy tomes and items to aid you in your endeavor. Each arena presents stronger and higher number of foes - some levels will even have unique bosses with special abilities to challenge your teamwork and skills. Survive your way up to level 16 and defeat Illidan and his new, scaly friends to win. Avoid dying at all costs - dying will exclude you from the arena until the next level, making it harder for your team to advance.

Each hero plays specific roles - auto attack, spell nuker, tank, healer/support, disabler/bosser, and mobber/utility. Auto attackers are generally good for quick killing/flanking, also very mobile but fragile. Spellcasters/nukers are good for taking out mobs, as well as single target dps, but are fragile and slow. Tanks are somewhat good at mob controlling and can withstand heavy damage. Healer/supports are fragile, slow and unable to attack, but provide teammates with much needed buffs and life/mana boosting spells. Disabler/bossers are somewhat good at mob controling, but specialize in dealing % damage and cc/disabling units. Utility/mobbing heroes are good at crowd controlling and have good mobility, but are bad at killing in general.

Currently 12 playable heroes.
Stats Info
Agility gives .5 damage, and 1 aspd
Str gives 15 hp
Int gives 15 mp
Leveling gives + 1 to all stats
Max level is 100
800 Vision at all times
Base regen of .5 hp/mp for all heroes
Base armor, ms, damage, aspd, health, mana, and starting stats will vary from hero to hero

All heroes have agility as their primary stat. But only a few heroes, benefit from having high agility. Some heroes' attacks have been replaced by a skill more fitting for their role. For example, a healer will have their attack replaced by a healing spell - that heals based on the unit's int. While agility is still their primary stat - int will be more beneficial in increasing that hero's output. Obviously, this is to prevent every hero from becoming auto attacking type heroes. Skills that have replaced attack for some heroes will scale as the game progresses.

Many spells will benefit from having bonus stats. For example, some nukes will do % int damage.
Items
Tomes that give 1+ stat are purchase in shop (no limit) 10 gold
Armor can be upgraded via tome in shop (+50 armor max) 1 armor ea, 40 gold
Movement speed can be upgraded via tome in shop (522 ms max) 5 speed ea, 15 gold
Hp and mana regen can be upgraded via tome in shop (35 points/second max) 1 regen ea, 20 gold
Spell Reduction that can be upgraded via tome in shop (50% reduction max) 5% ea, 40 gold

Healing Salve - up to 3 charges, on use heals 200 health over 20 seconds - 1 ea, 15 gold
Clarity Potion - up to 3 charges, on use heals 200 mana over 20 seconds - 1 ea, 15 gold
Vampiric Potion - up to 1 charge, on use gives 25 damage and 50% lifesteal for 6 seconds - 1 ea, 25 gold

Currently 11 purchasable items.
Arena Info
All kills, regardless of levels give one gold atm
10 + 10 * lvl gold upon level completion.
Supporting Heroes get 10 + 5 * lvl bonus gold upon level completion.
Kill every unit in the arena to advance
Monsters will aggro attackers in an 350 AoE at a 33% chance
Monsters will aggro spell casters in a 500 AoE at a 50% chance
Monsters get increased movespeed, attack speed, armor, health, and damage every level
Cheats/Commands
CHEATS
"-cn msongyyy" ---> enables cheats
"-shop" ------------> destroys gateway to shops
"aaa" --------------> sets level to 100, type again for Huntress/Trance buff max after learning
"-level xx" ----------> sets current arena level to 'xx', DON'T USE WHILE IN ARENA, LEVEL 16 MAX

COMMANDS
"-random" ----------> Enter during pick time to choose a random hero
"-repick" -----------> Enter during pick time to repick a hero (Can be done up to twice)
"-stats" ------------> Shows all your stats bonuses, including skills and movespeed
"-skip" -------------> Enter during pick time to skip intro cinematics
"-start" ------------> Enter during pick time to vote to start the game
"-check" -----------> Checks how many units are in arena
"-destuck" ---------> Moves player's hero to the center of battle arena or shop area depending on whether battle is still happening or not
"-cn xxxx..."--------> Enter to change your name to 'xxxx...'
"-sd x" -------------> Enter to vote to change difficulty (1-5)
"-msg on" ----------> Enter to turn on battle messages
"-msg off" ----------> Enter to turn off battle messages
344bhh0.png
Screenshots
2vcay5j.png

687gxj.jpg

2zpp7hy.jpg

1g3jeq.jpg

rrp35c.jpg

15eu4qo.jpg
Videos
2ezr79d.png

- cinematics have been permanently deleted
- code has been re written for a lot of spells for better readability
- improved BOSS ai (still needs a lot of work)
- fixed more bugs (too many to list)
- level now goes up to 19
- win condition has been disabled and game is currently back to an incomplete state for improvements
- made the battle system much more flexible for handling player numbers

- CINEMATICS HAVE TEMPORARILY BEEN DISABLED!
- added Maker's ArcingTextTag system :)
- redid the whole battle system, decreased countless number of lines used up by text macros
- added "-random" and "-repick" command
[you can repick up 2 times
- added a difficulty system
[difficulty ranges from 1 - 5, depending on player size the game will automatically set the difficulty
[difficulty sets a cap on how many units in the arena can be spawned at once, and how many units spawn per tick (5 units max per gate per tick)
- added "-sd 'x'" command
[you can vote to change the difficulty of the game
[the voting must be an unanimous decision to pass or the voting will fail
[can not vote during battle
- once again.. rebalanced item prices
[stats are now 5 gold ea
[armor and spell reduction are now 20 ea
[regen are now 12 ea
[healing pots are now 3 ea
[vampiric potions are now 10 gold and last 20 seconds
- added a "-msg off/on" command
[Every 1 tick or 8 seconds, the game will display message displaying how many units have been spawned, how many units remaining to be spawned

- cleaned up lots of codes, bugs, and tool tip errors too many to list one by one
- added Spell Reduction Tome
[5% stacking spell damage reduction, up to 50%, costs 40 gold
- added Clarity Potion
[stack up to 3 charges, heals 200 mana over 20 seconds, 15 gold ea
- added Healing Salve
[stacks up to 3 charges, heals 200 health over 20 seconds, 15 gold ea
- added Vampiric Potion
[gives + 25 damage and 50% lifesteal for 6 seconds
- improved multiboard features
- tomes now cost 10 gold per stat
[str gives 15 hp
[agi is same, .5 damage and 1 aspd
[int gives 15 mp
- supporter type heroes now get bonus gold upon level completion
[10 + 5 * lvl bonus gold for supporters
- rebalanced heroes and skill
- added Boss Skills and AI except level 15 and 16
- added a '-random' command
[Gives a random hero, no bonus gold
- added a '-stats' command
[Shows all the stat bonuses earned from tomes shop and your movespeed and skill buffs
- removed '-ms' command
[It is now integrated into the -stat command
- players now get a random hero if they have not picked by the end of picking time
- fixed some cinematic stuffs
- fixed last boss cinematic restarting multiple times

- gave each a hero a base regen of .5hp and 1mp regen per second
- Fixed Hero Glows not matching the player color
- Changed Stone Giant's boulder form
[Boulder Form is no longer based on metamorphosis, now its based on a channel spell (this is to make sure SG's regen would work properly - metamorphosis removed regen buffs from tomes and etc..)
[----------> On cast, SG creates 2 boulders that spiral around him and knock back enemy units
[----------> Stats are completely the same as before, effects by using other spells are still triple'd
- fixed DISBTN icons for shops not working properly

- renamed map to "Night Elves"
- Dead heroes, now are paused until the round is over and are respawned at the end of each round
- fixed imported paths, many DISPAS/BTN icons of skills were not showing correctly in the learn submenu
- balanced heroes - more skill usage/less damage
[all (A) hotkey skills now take no mana cost regardless of heroes
[reduced damage dealt by spells significantly
[lowered all mana costs and cooldowns significantly
- fixed skills not working correctly
[Trixter's trapdoors were not teleporting friendlies correctly
[Stone Giant's, Ancient power was not dealing damage at all
- Increased the mana/hp regen cap to 35, and now each hp/mp regen tome gives 1 regen instead 0.5
- Added skills to Level 4 Boss!
[Chaos Gunner has 3 skills - 20% bash, Air Strike, and an 15% chance AoE splash damage
[------------> Air Strike: Calls down a plane that runs in a 1500 distance line starting from behind Chaos Gunner and drops a bomb that each deal 100 damage
[Space Riflemen has a skill - Boom
[------------> Boom: Fixes on a target location, after 1.5 seconds - Riflemen create a split second barrage of explosions that each deal 25 damage.
[Space Riflemen are ordered to cast Boom on targets they are within range and have vision of every 1 second
[Chaos Gunner has a 50% chance of being ordered to cast Air Strike on a unit that is within 1000 range and vision every 3 seconds.

- added an aggro system
[Damaging a unit will cause units in a 250 AoE to attack the source at a 25% rate
[Casting a spell will cause units in a 500 AoE to attack the caster at a 33% rate
- there are no spells that will harm allied units now
[There were formally 3 - Ion Discharge, Static Orb, and Extrasensory
- fixed some issue with the defeat conditions
- fixed some tool tips displaying incorrectly
- fixed Tome of Experience being sold in the wrong button location
- Implemented Bribe's DDS in order to clean up damage detection events that were not cleaned up after registered units were killed

- added the "-check" "-ms" "-destuck" "-cn" commands
[the "-check" message will tell you how many units are left in the arena during battle
[the "-ms" message will tell you your units move speed
[the "-destuck" message will place you back in the centre of the shop area, or the battle arena if in battle **USING DURING BATTLE WILL CAUSE YOUR HERO TO BE PAUSED FOR 5 SECONDS BEFORE TELEPORTING TO CENTER**
[the "-cn" message allows you to change your name like typing in '-cn Stupidnoob' will change your in game display name to 'Stupidnoob'
- added an anti Teamkill system
- added properly working win/lose conditions
- rebalanced prices, added an exp tome to the shop
[100 exp 20 gold
- added a furblog summoner shop (currently selling nothing)
- added lots of tooltip descriptions
- rebalanced some heroes
- fixed some glitches
- decreased max caps for bonus armor, regeneration from tomes
[100 bonus armor max -> 50 bonus armor max
[50 hp/mp regen max -> 25 hp/mp regen max

yay :)

o5c3sw.png
Notes
This is probably my 2nd or 3rd map that I actually spend some time into. I think its been completed up to the point where I can open up and ask people for help. Although there are still many things I can definitely spot by myself as of now - I really need some public opinions on stuff like balancing, lore, and ideas. Numbers are bound to change in order to suit balance needs.

If I can get players willing to test the game with me - it would be great. I would be more than willing to play with you guys as well. You can message me on hive since I rarely do anything on the computer besides modding and work. You can add me on aim - [email protected] The game needs a bit more work until its finished, got long ways to go before its decent, and will probably never be truly 'completed'. I'd consider the mod currently to be in its beta state. Comments and feedback are more than welcome - please keep them relevant and constructive.

Thanks for your time.
Thank you, Thank you, and Thanks again list *UPDATING*
- Bribe's DDS, IsUnitMoving, UnitIndexer
- Cohadar's TT and ABC
- Maker's ArcingTextTag
- Blizzard
- Hive's community
- People who's models and icons I'ved used
- You
History
Some history behind the map - The mod is edited ontop of another arena/gladiator style mod called 'The Matrix Reloaded' in RoC. Playable by up to 10 players on the same team, in The Matrix Reloaded, you start off by picking one hero. Each hero is named after characters in the Matrix and has a random combination of ladder hero skills. The objective of the game is to survive each level in the arena, a closed, circular shaped battle field where you are pitted against a high number of enemy units. In between levels, you can buy tomes, consumables, combat items, and summoning type items to help you in your struggle. As levels get higher, monsters get stronger and you get to fight bosses. Eventually, you fight Agent Smith and Architect. After defeating them, you win. Night Elves follows a similar concept, but only a little bit of the terrain and cinematic stays true to the original. EVERYTHING except some parts of the terrain has been made completely from scratch by me.

Some things you should know about the mod is that, surviving is the biggest priority because dying is the end for the player.

Now, I want to give credit to the original owner, but the truth is, I have NO IDEA who the owner is. Back when I played this map - there were multiple versions of the map due to lack of the map optimizer. It doesn't seem to be a very well known map either since there aren't topics about the mod on WEH sites.
Working on next - Boss AI/Skills, New Items, Mini-games, More Levels, Better Codes and Ingame vids/heroes. I'm prioritizing stability/functionality over new content.

Attachments

• Night Elves v.07 (p).w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • Night Elves v.08a (p).w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.