• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elf Huntress - unarmored

Higher-detail remake of the Night Elf Huntress. This is meant to represent an unarmored one.
It's a derivative of a foot-sentinel model and a panther I made.
All animations are custom and made by myself. Portrait is incorporated.
Adding a modified missile too.
Has an icon now, made by Nightelfbuilder.

Adding a team-colored variation for utility purpose as a separate file attached to the first comment: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/huntress003-team-color-mdx.316162/ (it still needs the custom texture included in the main bundle)

Enjoy!

Special thanks to nightelfbuilder for making an icon!

Updates list
february, 2019 - thanks to XGM user 8gabriel8 (Пользователь 8gabriel8 - XGM: eXtreme Gamedev & Modmaking) this model can now use a newly optimized decorations texture that spares over 75% of the filesize. Updating the model to use that texture.
- 8th July 2019: Added a TC variation (this duplicates the texture for nothing unfortunately). Changes made in compliance to moderation.
Contents

missile (Model)

Night Elf Huntress - NO TC (Model)

Night Elf Huntress - with TC (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Good job!
Really cool!, i think that the panther is too big, maybe you can make the rider bigger?, because next to other mounted units looks really disproporcionate.
the panther is supposed to be significantly larger than the rider and shows realistic scaling unlike other mounted models where the rider is almost as large as the animal.

Level 2
the panther is supposed to be significantly larger than the rider and shows realistic scaling unlike other mounted models where the rider is almost as large as the animal.
Yes. You can't ride a panther the same as your size in real life (if it's real). That's why it's good at that size as much as the horse that can carry our weight. It's good to have mostly realistic models rather than based on the game as it is visually acceptable.

Level 14
Most of the downloaded files are icons, please see that asset page to learn what icon name represents what exactly (Night Elf Huntress - you can get there also using a button above, below the model description). The base icon is the one named ...BTN.

The custom Decorations.blp texture needs to be imported only once and a custom path must be set for it, removing "war3Imported/" from inside of it.

The rest should be easy. Set the model file for a unit into the object editor, do the same with the custom missile if you want.
I'm attaching a testmap to show how to make these models work

Attachments

• cuo_huntress_testmap.w3m
    313.7 KB · Views: 93
Level 1
Most of the downloaded files are icons, please see that asset page to learn what icon name represents what exactly (Night Elf Huntress - you can get there also using a button above, below the model description). The base icon is the one named ...BTN.

The custom Decorations.blp texture needs to be imported only once and a custom path must be set for it, removing "war3Imported/" from inside of it.

The rest should be easy. Set the model file for a unit into the object editor, do the same with the custom missile if you want.
I'm attaching a testmap to show how to make these models work

Oh I'm sorry, I meant how to use this model to replace the huntress moddel in the game like campaigns.

Level 14
Oh I'm sorry, I meant how to use this model to replace the huntress moddel in the game like campaigns.
You use it like any other model...

You open the object editor, find the huntress, and edit its Art - Model file field

models3.jpg

I am finished importing all of my files, so now I can assign my new model to a unit. For all practical purposes, I will start by creating a custom unit from the standard Infernal. Load the object editor and create a unit you would like to use with your model. You don't have to change much here. Scroll down to the field that says Art - Model File and double click it. Check the radio button that says Imported and select your model file.

To edit a campaign you open that campaign in the campaign editor and modify its object data like any other map.

Level 1
You may be referring to MPQ editors. There is a Hive thread about it here: Ladik's MPQ Editor 32bit

As the comments indicate, consider the author's website for an updated version. I haven't tried it myself however, but I might...
Cuore's NE Archer model is simple to replace game's original model because there's only one mdx file so I just need to create folder Units/NightElf/Archer in the game directory but this huntress model of his has many other files so I don't know how to use them.

Level 6
If you want to know the file paths the model uses, open the model up in War3 Model Editor, click on the "Windows" menu, then click on the "Texture Manager." That will give you a list of the textures used, and will give you the correct path. Now that path will have to be adjusted based on wherever you store the model, because the texture paths are supposed to be relative to the model's location.