• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b

---Nickba's ORPG Info---------------------------------------------------------
Systems:
• Single Player(In Local or Battle.net)
• Attribute System
• Multiboard(2 different multiboards,press ESC)
• Cool Hero Select System
• Damage System
- Which shows the amount of damage that is dealed
• Experience System
- Max level 120
• Inventory System
- Including Backpack
• Item Class System
• Item Ownege System
• Save/Load System
• Teleport System
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Attribute System
- After some damage that you deal gives 1 Agility
- After some damage dealt to you gives 1 Strength
- After every some mana used gives 1 Intelligence
Also all heroes have some chance to gain more attribute points
for their main Attribute.
To see progress press Esc to change to Hero Info multiboard.

Classes(10)
• Archer
• Assassin
• Blademaster
• Defender
• Fire Mage
• Footman
• Frost Mage
• Necromaster
• Paladin
• Priest

Spells
• Each Class has 11 spells

Extras
• The Arena
- A battleground where the Players can fight each other for glory!
• Dungeons
- Caves and other places where people work together
as a team to earn loot and money

Models:
Frankster
Tr!KzZ
Lord_T
R.A.N.G.I.T.
Norinrad
Dan van Ohllus
Matarael

Version 5.04
-Added some enchantments
-Added some new models
-Changed the terrain
-Fixed the Blademaster
-Fixed the Murloc Boss Drops

Version 5.03
-Removed the attribute bars
-Fixed the quests
-Added one quest
-Fixed the bugs with equipment system
-Fixed Old Shortsword
-Fixed the bug with Wind Walk skill
-Fixed the bug with the dungeon near Shadowz

Version 5.02
-Fixed the bug with TheOneNeo's Glave Quest
-New Item Ownership System
-New Item System that lets you pick up another class' items
-Changed the attribute points multiboard
-Fixed the attribute bars
-Changed the attribute system
-Share vision setted to default
-Fixed Defender's Endurance Skill

Visit our forum: Nickba.net

Post your suggestions and bugs here or at our forum!
I give Credit.
Thanks for playing my map and helping me to make it better.
Have fun!

THE MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
nickba,nickba's,orpg,rpg,single player rpg
Contents

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b (Map)

Reviews
12:09, 4th Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. Good job implementing the single player mode. Has all the essentials that an ORPG needs. Wide variety in just about everything. Has a few rough edges, mainly in the text. The item durability system is a nice...
Level 1
i hv to say ... map is great but big prob is lag !!! Longer u play , lagger u get ! vote 1/5 ... This map make my eyes damaged .

Level 1
First its a great map.
Second all creeps should respawn at some point, also them in instances.
Third more creeps in the game, hard to find something to kill when there's alot players in the game
Fourth could be great if there was more items in the game, some thats really rare and some you get when you kill bosses.
Fifth other model for Frost Mage, Archer, Priest and Footman.
Would give the map 3/5 as it is right now, but it can get alot better

Level 6
I was playing this map on lan with another mate, and suddenly we coulden't find any Gnolls.. Well I think it was because, we were dying and we ran to town 1.
After a while, I was running around the map and I found a unit called: "Wagon" I killed it, and ran a little up from there. Then suddenly I was defeated and it said i had used Iseedeadpeople cheat :(. This is a major bug, I diddn't get time to save, and all my data was lost

The cam2 description says it follows the unit's rotation but it does not rotate when your hero rotates...... If the camera should rotate with your hero you must set camera rotation to facing of unit(or any other) every about .2 seconds, ( i think that is what in the map i saw, azeroth wars I think)

Last edited:
Level 6
Sanitoeter your suggestion about experince rate and gold is a bit fussy. Since dialogs are nearly useless in WC3. I do agree that you need more balance in-game. For example if you play alone, you will have a hard time surviving or killing anything.

I just happen to know how to create a system like this. I doubt it will be any problem for you though :). Just like for each integer A Players playing set a local variable = itself + 1, and you kinda have the funtamental of an auto balancing system :p.
Just pm if you need help with it, since I've already created a system like that for my own map, I can probably sort alot of the annoying stuff for you right away :D.
Although a great map

the save system only saves the level not exp of the hero so when i save my hero with about some extra exp after a level up then I exit and when play again the extra exp is lost and the exp bar is reset to the base exp of your level.

the system also do not save the attribute system(points needed before an attribute is increased) so when I load the counter resets back to 0.0000 which is so bad since it is hard to gain the required points before a stat in increased.

Level 1
I have to mention this: The game is absolutely great, but there is one major problem that has completely hindered my ability to play it, and that is the frames per second.

I have an old computer, but nothing that would prevent me from having a constant 40 or so fps in ANY other warcraft 3 game. I've played many other games that have demanded much more than this one, but for some strange reason, randomly throughout the game i'll get complete fps drops. If i don't move out of the area it begins in, it'll eventually get so bad that i'll have to minimize and and end process.

It might be the many small rock doodads running around, or the area I enter triggers a lot of events, or maybe even the amount of periodic timers/triggers you're running at once.

All I can say is that I truly enjoy your game, but I can't enjoy it(and a couple of my friends with no-so-new computers are having the same problem).

I hope this can be resolved, but the best wishes to you and your map making regardless,

Beetlebomb

Level 2
Cool that you can play on single player!! Awesome map, but just a few errors....
- the move, attack, patrol and other control buttons have the wrong DISBTN import path or something like that. (They go green when I open the menu).
- Theres like a memory leak or something, because the longer I play, the slower it gets, after a bit, I have to quit and restart.
- Really hard in single player - the brutes and stuff do 80 or so chaos, and its only my first quest! Maybe dumb it down a little?

About the memory leak thing, if you know JASS or know somebody else that does, you need to fix the memory leak - all the trigger, unit and other data just pile up, until it slows down the game.

Level 5
I think it might be better if the stat gain was based on the stats used for an ability e.g. summoning skeletons so many times would give str and agi or if a tank hero had a ability to reduce dmg based on str it would increase strength

Level 1
This is Rullerofirons map ive done this map, been into it alot of times, i tryied to remake the chars but ive leave it, to bad i dont have the map ive made :D would be nice to share my chars and my items, if your using the same old map terrain try change it, as for the command to respawn, dammn thats realy hard, try search on in gui or jass, if u know or can. If u need any help just contact me on [email protected], [email protected], but better on yahoo. Il help u in any way i can.

Level 1
nice work! i like your map nut i got some problems with the quests
i cant complete the 4th quest, because i cant find the warriors and i think that 40 and 60 are way too many mobs to kill, too
with classes not using 1hand weapon 1 also cant complete the second quest. what is not so bad when you play in a game with some guys but its a little annoying.
so far...

Level 4
The spawn system is stupid.
They units are given ankhs so they revive, so it's not counted as killing them.
When they revive only occassionally will they drop the ankhs, meaning you have to kill them two or more times.
Voting a 1 because it doesn't matter how good the game is if you can't get anywhere.

Level 1
Thats what happening when you are editing a map for over 7-9 hours, happened to me, i think those anks suppose to be in shop or to other mobs.

Level 7
[RAINBOW]This RPG is one that has future :) Nickba could you maybe like get some of those little detail helpers as in TKOK Eastern Kingdom?
-then i was a little surprised with the stats, now im really motivated to fight in the first line and use up my spells ^^ xtremely smart idea
-what i didnt like was the items, i think for such cheap items it doesnt matter if they break after 150 hits or not u can get sooo much new ones anyways so either decrease the droprate for them or make them invulnerable and only the good and xpensive items vulnerable, i would tend for a decrease in droprate.
-the creeps are always in groups, wouldnt it be muuuch more cooler if you could go for a single unit?
-the creeps dont use automatized spells, would be more beautiful if they did and youd have to use more tactic/skill
-the spawn points --> creeps resurrect where they died hmmm i had it a lot of times where u could see a 50 creeps spawn at the same point because everyone led them there, so my suggestion is to let them spawn at 'their' point and let them spawn if the point is empty in a range of 500 or so like u know how to trigger that better ^^
-the landscape is still like a house u didnt move in yet u know, give it your touch, i'd suggest u import the fall landscape texture cause it goes really good with the grass, looks fantastic
-so for the whole upgrade em details and visuals
Dude! dont stop mapping plz, you're good
Here's a Septimus' 85/106, no full points u are not allowed to stop mapping!!
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:[/RAINBOW]

OH MY FUCKING GOD! SHINY! @_@ btw ima try your map

Level 2
we can't choose a hero whose weapons are two handed,because it makes it impossible to complete the second quest,fix this.

Last edited:
Level 3
with the paladin i got to the 4th quest, I killed the rogue, it counted towards the quest, i killed the 40 bandit warriors, that also counted towards the quest, but even though i killed the 80 bandit scouts first it did not count towards the quest. I counts the amount of bandit scouts you kill until the 40 bandit warriors are gone then the counter disappears from the screen.

Thats the only bug i have been able to find in the 3.8 release but i can't do any quests after this at the moment.

Level 4
Some problems :
-You can't always pick correctly items quest 1 & 2 tought you can use the horse to carry it it's still anoying, i think these both items should be removed and just have to return after killing or else making a way to reset the quest so you can finish it.
-You NEED to fix the 4th quest because even after killing 91 bandits it isn't complete and when you kill 40 warrios bandits the multiboard for warrios disappead and it's in fact impossible to finish the quest because the 80 kills aren't valided...
-I also think you should change a bit the stats system, making it like we need some points to lvl it up and then gain some points from EVERY creeps (but we gain less points from them and we need more with more stats) because actually upgrading strengh is almost impossible, agi is quite good considering it doesn't give really anything more after 400% attack speed (which is massive but well...) and int is well... i really DO think that it's needed to be easier for non-caster class (like Defender) to upgrade a few ints points...
-Please MAKE A REQUIERT LVL FOR ITEMS, it's so stupid to have a wizard lvl 1 with the +145 int wand...
-About that i'd like you to fix the bug that appear to me, giving more gold at start (I had a defender lvl 14 with 85k gold...), also after repicking the gold should be set to 0.
-Because error is in human nature i'd like you to allow load error at least 3 times not only one because sometimes we need to remake just because of one little error.
-Another little erorr : the disbnt icons and minimized icon for devotion aura of defender isn't here (green icons).
-In another way : the Lightning Chain of ranger deals the damage before hitting the creeps (because of the trigger but then please make the lightning chain going faster so that we won't notice it...) In the same way please make the trigger wait 1 sec before deal damage with the rockets like spell of Ranger.
-Impale of Blademaster is a bit weak, consider that the second spell of ranger deal the same in AOE even with a shorter cd this nuke is way to weak (i think it should be like 250+7 times the agi), also please when you can't pick an item make it like that : Wait 5 seconds and then drop it, then it won't dispear and secondly you can stock it in your inventory with -iX commands
-By the way do that backpack doesn't take exp.... it's stupid and useless.
-Boos MUST drop special boss items because it actually is COMPLETLY pointless to fight most of the boss becaus they don't drop anything good (only the necromancer with the +25 armor is truly interesting)
-This boss necromancer does have a problem, when he revive he is lvl 1 with 260 hp and drop nothing, please fix that.
-And additionnaly, add some spells to boss and creeps, that'd be a lot better.

That's all for now...
Still good luke on your hard work (it's very good compared to others RPG but there is some problem that mess up the game a bit).

And besides if you need any help i can help you, i am advanced in trigger, spell and balances plus modeling and items. (let's say i can do almost anything except JASS).
SO if you need help call me.

Level 6
single play mode has a anticheat system, but i was able to break it.......... =D

i think its because i have the version 3. something........... but i will just test this version to see if its better

i have tested it..............i have version 3.7 and 3.8 and the anticheat system dont improve i can still break it but not the cheat "greedisgood" ............i break it because of........ its a big SECRET!!! =D

Big Single player bug.
Didn't use any cheats, but couldn't kill any of the gnolls for the first quest. They had these respawn items, ankhs. I only managed to get five kills after the first twenty minutes because they dropped the ankhs for some reason.

it is good to get the ankhs and sell it its worth 400 gold =D.......... and i know how to break the anti cheat system.......... its easy PM me if you want to know!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
The inventory system for all players except player 1 does not seem to function. I dont know if it works differently to player 1s or something but im thinking it's a bug. You might want to look into that. But other than that it's an awsome map.

Level 1
SHIT BUGS only player red works, all others cant use the items, did u test this rpg once, nickba??? ffs plz test it before u release, shit!!!

Level 5
Yes! An Update! And Finally Necromaster is out! I loved it's model
Anyways I found a bug.
My brother tried equipping an item (I think it was the Gnoll boots) but it said that that type of item was already equipped or something. Then after a few multiple clicks, It bugged down and the dummy item used for the Boots appeared in the inventory. Hope it's fixed on this version though.

Level 5
For some reason whenever I try to host this new version I get a critical error won't even let me get to the lobby to start the game.

Level 5
Yea. The new "updated" version in here doesn't seem to work. And btw.
On the version before this, the Arena Command "-leave" doesn't work. And yes. I was the only player on the Arena

Level 3
Dont know if this has been posted or not. But I am having some problems, you see, when I enter wc3 and click on the map I get a fatal error. Dont know if it has happened to anybody else, but I aint sure if it's something with my computer or the map.

~Murcky~

Level 5
Its on the Map. Im pretty sure -_- as the 2(i think) comments before yours also have thesame problem.

And i also tested this map out. Same problem :(

Level 3
Yep, same problem here. Fix that please. Or maybe let mods change that to unaproved?

Level 3
well didn't check other posts since there are like 90 of them XD anyways, it seriously need fix so we can play it :)

~Murcky~

Level 1
Downloaded again (3rd time), played with a friend, and here is what i have to say.

Comments
1. compare to the older version of nickba, this is simply better.
2. i like the stats system but, (IMHO) it does seems to be unbalance when using characters with different primary attributes.
3. ... overall, everything is good.

Bugs
1. Priest quest drops "theOneNeo glaive".. instead of ...? hence making the quest unsolvable.
2. Bandit drops "Quest Item" (something that look like orcish flag banner), that when click doesn't do anything.

Suggestions (
1. remove the "Close Equipment" button when accessing equipments. instead use the "Open Equipment" button to close it. Hence enabling player to have 2 accessories instead of one.
2. add "Bow and Arrow" items for archer character. I have always love range char, and i can't seem to find good equips for them. unless you could lead me to one. ;)
3. add a floating text at the bridge to the last town. I died in seconds after meeting the creeps just because i didn't have the chance to check their damage/hp/level. (it had been a very long time since i played your older version.. how could i remember) >.>