1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b

Submitted by nickba
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---Nickba's ORPG Info---------------------------------------------------------
Systems:
• Single Player(In Local or Battle.net)
• Attribute System
• Multiboard(2 different multiboards,press ESC)
• Cool Hero Select System
• Damage System
- Which shows the amount of damage that is dealed
• Experience System
- Max level 120
• Inventory System
- Including Backpack
• Item Class System
• Item Ownege System
• Save/Load System
• Teleport System
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Attribute System
- After some damage that you deal gives 1 Agility
- After some damage dealt to you gives 1 Strength
- After every some mana used gives 1 Intelligence
Also all heroes have some chance to gain more attribute points
for their main Attribute.
To see progress press Esc to change to Hero Info multiboard.

Classes(10)
• Archer
• Assassin
• Blademaster
• Defender
• Fire Mage
• Footman
• Frost Mage
• Necromaster
• Paladin
• Priest

Spells
• Each Class has 11 spells

Extras
• The Arena
- A battleground where the Players can fight each other for glory!
• Dungeons
- Caves and other places where people work together
as a team to earn loot and money
Credits

Models:
Frankster
Tr!KzZ
Lord_T
R.A.N.G.I.T.
Norinrad
Dan van Ohllus
Matarael

Change log

Version 5.04
-Added some enchantments
-Added some new models
-Changed the terrain
-Fixed the Blademaster
-Fixed the Murloc Boss Drops

Version 5.03
-Removed the attribute bars
-Fixed the quests
-Added one quest
-Fixed the bugs with equipment system
-Fixed Old Shortsword
-Fixed the bug with Wind Walk skill
-Fixed the bug with the dungeon near Shadowz

Version 5.02
-Fixed the bug with TheOneNeo's Glave Quest
-New Item Ownership System
-New Item System that lets you pick up another class' items
-Changed the attribute points multiboard
-Fixed the attribute bars
-Changed the attribute system
-Share vision setted to default
-Fixed Defender's Endurance Skill

Visit our forum: Nickba.net

Post your suggestions and bugs here or at our forum!
I give Credit.
Thanks for playing my map and helping me to make it better.
Have fun!

THE MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
nickba,nickba's,orpg,rpg,single player rpg
Contents

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b (Map)

Reviews
12:09, 4th Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. Good job implementing the single player mode. Has all the essentials that an ORPG needs. Wide variety in just about everything. Has a few rough edges, mainly in the text. The item durability system is a nice...
  1. I_Diablo_I

I_Diablo_I

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey hi again! What's new in this version?? xD

2. nickba

nickba

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It has a new save/load system,new attribute system and new multiboards.

3. I_Diablo_I

I_Diablo_I

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi again! Hey a question, why when I play this map, gives me too much lagg??
    I have all in low resolution...
    And what is the attribute system...
    Thx for ur time :)

4. Wyghab

Wyghab

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nickba's Ver3 seems to have some kind of leak, after 5-10 minutes the game gets slower and keeps getting slower also I've found some bugs from 2.8 and they might be in 3.0
    Assassin's third spell Crippling poison Gives positive effects instead of negative
    It says; decrease movement and attack speed by 35% in in description but it
    gives them 35% boost for 20 seconds
    Fire mage's, Fire spawn ability, if they die they'll revive as normal heroes thus they can gain unlimited strength, numbers and up to level 80 and they kick ass in groups
    Priests holy light spell casts after sacrificial heal because of some bug with shortcuts or something
    One of the Paladins abilities seem to have same issue as the sacrificial - holy light
    Other than that most is good, and I'd like more items I have not even found a single weapon usable by the Assassin
    Also, you gain agi for killing, not for hitting

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  5. aho_baka

aho_baka

Resources:
    Resources:
    um.... this map is cool,but why only paladin n wizard have a great model and for the others job not different from WC3 unit n its look so lame,i hope can you change the model,thx.

6. Agarwa3n

Agarwa3n

Resources:
    Resources:
    Think it needs a strong computer cause it leaks badly on mine. If u dont have a good machine u cant play it (for dlers).
    (my system: 3.2GHz pentIV - 1GB ram - Nvidia 7600GS) alt-tabed and i saw that wc3 during was consuming all the remaining memory (almost all, 440MB to be acurate Oo). Even leaked sometimes with my friends pc (core duo, 2GB ram 9800GT). I really dont think you should need a hi-end machine 2 play a map on wc3 ^^. Shame though, the map seams great :/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  7. vita1ce

vita1ce

Resources:
    Resources:
    what do u mean by leak??:con:

8. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    dunno how long i waited for the update :D

9. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Man, please change footman and archer classes names, they are not sound like character classes, they are like soldier classes. At least do somehing like Warrior and Ranger(much better than that) And you should add disabled buttons, that's so important. Fix the grammar mistakes please, there are lots of it.
    And some classes have bad looking models, while tauren and paladin looks awesome. Blademaster, Footman and Priest models can be changed i think. You map is much less than 4mb, you can find many good models.
    Hide the initial screen and hero selection area, after heroes are selected
    You should also change the life and mana values on multiboard into integer values instead of real values. It should be more clear, no need to see values like 85.238% Same for the Str Agi Int and Movespeed values
    Please make it easier for single player

A model for warrior for example : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48123&prev=search%3Dblood%2520elf%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  10. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got something to commend:
    Pls let the players choose how much expirience they get and divide the gold through it (For Example:
    200% Exp - 50% Gold
    150% Exp - 75% gold
    100% Exp - 100%Gold and so on)
    Would be nice :)
    And th

11. its2night

its2night

Resources:
    Resources:
    i hv to say ... map is great but big prob is lag !!! Longer u play , lagger u get ! vote 1/5 ... This map make my eyes damaged .

12. Kalten

Kalten

Resources:
    Resources:
    First its a great map.
    Second all creeps should respawn at some point, also them in instances.
    Third more creeps in the game, hard to find something to kill when there's alot players in the game
    Fourth could be great if there was more items in the game, some thats really rare and some you get when you kill bosses.
    Fifth other model for Frost Mage, Archer, Priest and Footman.
    Would give the map 3/5 as it is right now, but it can get alot better

13. Foopad

Foopad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was playing this map on lan with another mate, and suddenly we coulden't find any Gnolls.. Well I think it was because, we were dying and we ran to town 1.
    After a while, I was running around the map and I found a unit called: "Wagon" I killed it, and ran a little up from there. Then suddenly I was defeated and it said i had used Iseedeadpeople cheat :(. This is a major bug, I diddn't get time to save, and all my data was lost

14. sanitoeter

sanitoeter

Resources:
    Resources:
    @NIckba: You made such a great anti cheat system, why dont you let us save in SP?^^
    Or, maybe it does just not work...

15. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The cam2 description says it follows the unit's rotation but it does not rotate when your hero rotates...... If the camera should rotate with your hero you must set camera rotation to facing of unit(or any other) every about .2 seconds, ( i think that is what in the map i saw, azeroth wars I think)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  16. Foopad

Foopad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sanitoeter your suggestion about experince rate and gold is a bit fussy. Since dialogs are nearly useless in WC3. I do agree that you need more balance in-game. For example if you play alone, you will have a hard time surviving or killing anything.

I just happen to know how to create a system like this. I doubt it will be any problem for you though :). Just like for each integer A Players playing set a local variable = itself + 1, and you kinda have the funtamental of an auto balancing system :p.
    Just pm if you need help with it, since I've already created a system like that for my own map, I can probably sort alot of the annoying stuff for you right away :D.
    Although a great map

17. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    the save system only saves the level not exp of the hero so when i save my hero with about some extra exp after a level up then I exit and when play again the extra exp is lost and the exp bar is reset to the base exp of your level.

the system also do not save the attribute system(points needed before an attribute is increased) so when I load the counter resets back to 0.0000 which is so bad since it is hard to gain the required points before a stat in increased.

18. Beetlebomb

Beetlebomb

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have to mention this: The game is absolutely great, but there is one major problem that has completely hindered my ability to play it, and that is the frames per second.

I have an old computer, but nothing that would prevent me from having a constant 40 or so fps in ANY other warcraft 3 game. I've played many other games that have demanded much more than this one, but for some strange reason, randomly throughout the game i'll get complete fps drops. If i don't move out of the area it begins in, it'll eventually get so bad that i'll have to minimize and and end process.

It might be the many small rock doodads running around, or the area I enter triggers a lot of events, or maybe even the amount of periodic timers/triggers you're running at once.

All I can say is that I truly enjoy your game, but I can't enjoy it(and a couple of my friends with no-so-new computers are having the same problem).

I hope this can be resolved, but the best wishes to you and your map making regardless,

Beetlebomb

19. Archael

Archael

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool that you can play on single player!! Awesome map, but just a few errors....
    - the move, attack, patrol and other control buttons have the wrong DISBTN import path or something like that. (They go green when I open the menu).
    - Theres like a memory leak or something, because the longer I play, the slower it gets, after a bit, I have to quit and restart.
    - Really hard in single player - the brutes and stuff do 80 or so chaos, and its only my first quest! Maybe dumb it down a little?

About the memory leak thing, if you know JASS or know somebody else that does, you need to fix the memory leak - all the trigger, unit and other data just pile up, until it slows down the game.

20. Bumkt

Bumkt

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it might be better if the stat gain was based on the stats used for an ability e.g. summoning skeletons so many times would give str and agi or if a tank hero had a ability to reduce dmg based on str it would increase strength