• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Newgen 5d Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey users on the hive!

I have a problem with my newgen.
It can load maps and all, but if i just EDIT or INSERT a line, the map cant be loaded. I have read several troubleshooters and tutorials but cant find a way to make my own maps playable if i insert vJass into it. I will be very glad if someone of you could help me, and +rep will be given.

Useful Information:
Im using vista, and my newgen is the newest version (5d). I save before testing, and RTC is turned off.

If you have any questions or ideas about how to help me out, please post them.
Thanks.

~x-omg-x

Hey users on the hive!

I have a problem with my newgen.
It can load maps and all, but if i just EDIT or INSERT a line, the map cant be loaded. I have read several troubleshooters and tutorials but cant find a way to make my own maps playable if i insert vJass into it. I will be very glad if someone of you could help me, and +rep will be given.

Useful Information:
Im using vista, and my newgen is the newest version (5d). I save before testing, and RTC is turned off.

If you have any questions or ideas about how to help me out, please post them.
Thanks.

~x-omg-x

what's RTC?

TriggerHappy187 said:
Download NewGen from this thread.
Allready did.
TriggerHappy187 said:
Disable RTC, it does not work with the latest patch.
Allready disabled.
TriggerHappy187 said:
If you are using vista run NewGen as administrator.
How do i run in administrator?
TriggerHappy187 said:
As for your issue of maps not being loaded, it's because you must save your map before you test it. This lets JassHelper run and compiles vJass for you.
Allready tried.

You should not have any problems given the above are true.

As for the administrator thing, by being logged on as an admin.

Some of my friends also tried to help me, but nothing makes it work :/
Im admin on the computer, and also tried to press run as administrator.
Also, i have tried 2 different newgen versions, but it didnt help me.

If you're on Vista, try disabling UAC and seeing if that helps.
What is UAC, and how to disable it?

Aesthetics said:
Try:
1) Downloading the latest JassHelper from its original thread. (replace the old executable(s) with the new one(s).
2) Make sure "Disable vJass Syntax" is not checked
Syntax is not disabled, and i will try to download it again.

Vulcano said:
save your map in the main WE screen (not in object/trigger editor)
Allready did. But it doesnt solve the problem :/

Level 7
UAC is the iritating pop-up you get each time you start a program or edit/delete something.

To disable uac:
Go to configuration screen (start) and click in the bottom left:

attachment.php

If it isn't in the list do the following: click user-accounts in top-right of the screen, click user-accounts in the new screen, click the la)st link in the new screen (turn on/off user account blabla

Attachments

• UAC.jpg
    UAC.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 430
Level 22
Do you have some sort of anti-virus program?
There are many anti-virus programs which react to NewGen and removes files like pipe.dll, RtCExeHack.exe and exehack.exe
These are very important.

Level 9
No, whatever you do don't disable UAC. It's one of the best security features in vista/7. Running as admin does the same.

Sure, it's security if every time you open a door, a secret service agent stops you and asks "are you SURE you want to open this door?", but do you want that sort of annoyance?

No thank you, I have a perfectly fine antivirus and enough common sense to handle what it doesn't.

Do you have some sort of anti-virus program?
There are many anti-virus programs which react to NewGen and removes files like pipe.dll, RtCExeHack.exe and exehack.exe
These are very important.

First time i downloaded newgen it removed exehack.
Then i turned it off and redownlaoded. But still doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.