• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New UI = Hassle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello everybody I would like to ask a few things about the new UI and my worries...
I'm currently making an ORPG Map with a Hero Equipment system like this:
equipmentsystem-jpg.327088

and with the New UI looking like this I'm a bit worried:
equipmentnewui-jpg.327087

ofc it's pretty obvious it will require a lot of changes to be made, mostly adjusting the X & Y
positions since it's not gonna be 3x3 anymore, and the ability icons are bigger than the
attack, move etc. icons, that's a blow to the aesthetics...

I have already stopped progress on any systems that require UI usage until they release the
reforged version and mostly focus on combat, terrain etc.

Don't get me wrong I love it that they are remastering such an awesome game, just a bit
worried of all the maps that are not going to be playable without huge changes...

What are your thoughts on this? Anybody has anything to suggest I'm open to any help :)

Level 9
You can switch between the old and the new UI in Reforged. My guess is you can force the old UI for all players for a custom map, if you want. Then you can probably just use the current natives for customizing your own UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.