• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hiding Move, Stop, Hold Position, and Patrol UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I'm trying to create a hero picking system that works a bit like Impossible Bosses's. For those who haven't played that game, it works a bit like this:

One of the heroes (or presumably actually a dummy unit that looks like and has the same stats and spells as one of the heroes) is selected for you. Although all its spells are disabled, you can read the tooltips to know what abilities that hero will actually have if picked.
The UI for Move, Attack, Stop, Hold Position, and Patrol are gone so that you can't issue the unit any orders.
Taking the place of those icons are one that selects the next hero in order and shows you that instead, one that selects the previous hero, and one that makes the current hero your choice.

What I'm having trouble with is making a unit such that all stats are the same as the real hero, dummy abilities that show what the real abilities will be appear, and the UI for move, etc. do not appear.

I read that making the unit a Ward eliminates those UI and that's true, but it also seems to eliminate the abilities.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the ward method or point me to a different method?

EDIT: I actually found a way to do it despite several past threads in which people claimed it was impossible. All one has to do is use a bit of JASS or a custom script to
JASS:
call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'Amov', your unit here )
. That takes care of move and with it patrol. Then go to the object editor and go to combat- attack 1- show UI and set it to false. Or do
JASS:
call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'Aatk', your unit here )
. That removes attack and with it hold position. If you do both, stop disappears as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.