• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, i did try to read about UI tutorials (like UI: OriginFrames)
and also did try to use Warcraft III Reforged UI Designer (v2.4.0) I only want to make the Item Interface bigger, like just like the 6 slots bigger so i can see better the items icons for my RPG Map. If someone could tell me the jass funtions i need or could point me out a Item-inventory system (but one that only changes the visuals).

Thanks

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Doesn't the mentioned tutorial literary show you?
1641137551581.png

BlzFrameSetSize(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUIBackdrop",0), 0, 0.0001)

Sorry for disturbing you I'm a bit Noob at UI.
Is the topic maker wanting to have 12 items in item slot? I want to have 9 items in my inventory not 6. Is this possible? Or is it fixed to 6 items 0-5?
As far as I understood the post starter wants to increase the visual size of inventory slots and the hold items.

The default UI is fixed to 6 items, but you can have more than one inventory ability for an unit to use/carry more than 6 items with it. Problem is you have 0 UI interaction to the other inventories.

Recreating buttons that work like normal inventory buttons is much work (I think to much, or even undoable), when one requires all features (drop, move between slots, give to other unit, targeting, hotkeys, useable, cooldown).

Level 11
As far as I understood the post starter wants to increase the visual size of inventory slots and the hold items.

The default UI is fixed to 6 items, but you can have more than one inventory ability for an unit to use/carry more than 6 items with it. Problem is you have 0 UI interaction to the other inventories.

Recreating buttons that work like normal inventory buttons is much work (I think to much, or even undoable), when one requires all features (drop, move between slots, give to other unit, targeting, hotkeys, useable, cooldown).
Oh hate that it's fixed. Thank you for all the information! Saw someone info that they wanted to increase the size in Reforged but it seems it's dead.

Ye it sounds like a hustle. What a bummer for such a simple thing I would have to recreate the whole thing and give it that possibility (more items) but that's just how it is.
If anyone found some hard solution but a doable just PM. I'm open for learning and you can send me in directions.

Saw that new Custom UI tool kit. It seems people are starting to get involved into making UI's more so people will explore that field definitely. Maybe in the future we would find solution and make that information common.

Have a splendid and awesome life!

Status
Not open for further replies.