• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Troll Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone,

I've been using this site for quite some time and am thrilled to (hopefully) soon be releasing a 1 player action adventure/rpgish dungeon crawler. I couldn't have made what I have so far without this site and the still active community here. It's awesome people still play this game and I'm hoping when this project is done a lot of people will get some enjoyment out of it. I have created this account as I have gotten to the point where I need to ask questions that I haven't seen asked or can't find answers to in the search. I'll be around and good to see there's still so much interest in this game! I've been playing since War 1!

-Rex

Level 2
No matter how far you get away from it, you always circle back around and gravitate back to it lol. It's incredible how people quit these games and then comeback to them after many years. I played Diablo, Wc, and Sc many years ago, and now it's crazy how I am slowly slipping back into them. I am also seeking to construct my own mods as well.

Level 3
No matter how far you get away from it, you always circle back around and gravitate back to it lol. It's incredible how people quit these games and then comeback to them after many years. I played Diablo, Wc, and Sc many years ago, and now it's crazy how I am slowly slipping back into them. I am also seeking to construct my own mods as well.

They don't make games like they used to! These are classics man. Warcraft 3 has to be one of the all-time best games ever. I still have yet to play SC remastered. I can't wait until I have the time to do that. That's pretty sweet making your own mods! That's advanced stuff.

Welcome!
Great to see newcomers join the community after so many years. Hope we can help you :)
Let's hope your map comes out soon so we can review it hehe...

Thanks Wareditor! I did actually manage to figure out the problems I had without asking, but I might have more questions in the future. This site is great. I know this is where the best map makers gather. I'm not at the top level like some of the best guys here I'm sure. I don't know how to use Jass and things like that, which I understand is a mark of a great map maker. This map has been a labor of love and a learning experience, but I love how it's shaping up. I definitely think people will like it. I think by the time it's done it should be at least a solid 3 out of 5 star map, hopefully better. I'll be releasing it unprotected (I think). I can't wait until it's done and hope you all enjoy it! :)

Level 22
*Looks at thread title*
Warcraft III sucks, it's no classic.

Welcome to the hive, you will join the hive mind soon.

Level 3
Welcome. I don't think I'll ever stop playing Wc3. 15 years and counting.

Thank you E.M.C! I'm glad to hear that as the map I'm making will probably take a few more months to be releasable. I hope you'll play it and enjoy! If you've been playing this long you probably need some more maps. :D

Level 3
Can you tell me more about it?

Sure! It's currently a single player map. I will probably release it as such, but it could be made into a multiplayer (3) map and I might do that someday. You have control of 3 hero units: A Sorcerer, a Swordsman, and a Sage. I originally wanted to make an epic sized dungeon crawl where one tiny corner of the map was an entrance and one tiny corner of the map was the exit, but it turned into it being a very large castle/dungeon with some outside areas. The map was actually supposed to be the second in a campaign of maps, though the original first map was lost a long time ago. The first map is small and I'm going to remake it as it's just to setup this map. The story of the first map is that a Lich has emerged in a small town and is stealing the souls of the folk there. The three heroes you command are mercenaries hired to take care of this threat. Once you defeat the lich, you find a spellbook on him that has a portal spell to a mysterious castle and the three heroes decide to portal there to check it out. This is where my current map that I'm making now begins. You start by portaling in to a mountain side and finding an old destroyed entrance to an enormous castle. From there you run into a mysterious spirit who's initially unwilling to tell you what the Keep contains, but sends you on missions in the outside lands to prove yourself. From there it's a dungeon crawl and is packed full of boss fights and secret areas. The castle has several areas, a dungeon, 2 towers, a small canal navigation channel to different areas, a crypt, courtyards, and a lot more. It's pretty packed. What I want in the end is 4 maps. A small first introductory map (wont take long to make), the second map which is the main epic sized dungeon crawler, and then 2 small maps each of which is an alternate ending and conclusion of the story both of which also are just small extra content to support the main map. Although this is definitely my best map ever I wouldn't say it's a professional 5 star like the really great makers on here, but there's some great stuff here and I'm hoping it'll be a minimum 3 star really enjoyable map for folks to play. :)

Last edited:
Level 5
Sure! It's currently a single player map. I will probably release it as such, but it could be made into a multiplayer (3) map and I might do that someday. You have control of 3 hero units: A Sorcerer, a Swordsman, and a Sage. I originally wanted to make an epic sized dungeon crawl where one tiny corner of the map was an entrance and one tiny corner of the map was the exit, but it turned into it being a very large castle/dungeon with some outside areas. The map was actually supposed to be the second in a campaign of maps, though the original first map was lost a long time ago. The first map is small and I'm going to remake it as it's just to setup this map. The story of the first map is that a Lich has emerged in a small town and is stealing the souls of the folk there. The three heroes you command are mercenaries hired to take care of this threat. Once you defeat the lich, you find a spellbook on him that has a portal spell to a mysterious castle and the three heroes decide to portal there to check it out. This is where my current map that I'm making now begins. You start by portaling in to a mountain side and finding an old destroyed entrance to an enormous castle. From there you run into a mysterious spirit who's initially unwilling to tell you what the Keep contains, but sends you on missions in the outside lands to prove yourself. From there it's a dungeon crawl and is packed full of boss fights and secret areas. The castle has several areas, a dungeon, 2 towers, a small canal navigation channel to different areas, a crypt, courtyards, and a lot more. It's pretty packed. What I want in the end is 4 maps. A small first introductory map (wont take long to make), the second map which is the main epic sized dungeon crawler, and then 2 small maps each of which is an alternate ending and conclusion of the story both of which also are just small extra content to support the main map. Although this is definitely my best map ever I wouldn't say it's a professional 5 star like the really great makers on here, but there's some great stuff here and I'm hoping it'll be a minimum 3 star really enjoyable map for folks to play. :)

That sounds interesting. So when do I get to try it? :)

Level 3
Hopefully just a couple months out. :) I could let you know when the Beta is ready? If you want you could try it out then and give me some pointers on improving it. Up to you, that'd be cool. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.