• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hey ya'll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Lee

Level 2
I'm Lee, from Texas. I found this site a few weeks ago when I started looking for information about making skins and models, which I've just recently gotten into. This site has some great resources and I'm hoping I can eventually contribute some good work to all the other great stuff seen here. And meeting new people, which is nice too. :thumbs_up:

Level 7
Welcome to the Hive community, Lee! Be sure to do as much as you can to help us! We'll be hoping you can contribute great things for us especially when you mentioned you were interested into Modeling or Skinning also very nice. We can preferably expect a good or tried at least Modeler or Skinner! :wthumbsup:

Lee

Lee

Level 2
Thanks, Ember. I've got something in the works right now. It's taking some time since I'm still learning how to skin and trying to work out a few problems I've come across but I think it will turn out nicely once I learn how to get the effects I want. :)

Level 7
That will be good. Although am amazed by the lack of replies on some of the Introduction threads , Hive members where are your manners?? :hohum:.

Anyways you can ask some skinners or modelers for help if you are of need of some Skin or Effect help. Don't ask me though I only know how to Recolor and some other extra stuff. GL :infl_thumbs_up:.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
welcome, but just don't show your very first texture/model here. After you finish your first thing, search around and see what the hundreds of people before you that posted their first thing received as criticism and learn from that. Then, with your expanded knowledge make your second thing. It will be better and you know more and it will be nice to post it to see where you're at and ask smart questions about how to improve and about the programs you're using. Just don't mention it's your second ever thing or something, say only that you're beginning.

Lee

Lee

Level 2
Thanks for the welcome, Jeth and TDR. And thanks for the advice about my first submission, I'll keep that in mind when I get ready to show my work. :smile:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings Lee. Thanks for your kind words. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Lee

Lee

Level 2
Thanks for the advice and the links, Wolverabid. I'll keep all of that in mind. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.