• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Profile Posts - Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
About notifications about profile posts:

2-png.250342

When a new profile post is written, it gets listed on top of the profile post's list.
When a new comment comes to said profile post, it won't be bumped on top again (in case there came some newer profile posts in between).
So after 1-2 days the profile post will not be visible anymore on the list, even there might be always new comments on it.

I think it would make also make sense to bump the whole profile post again if a new sub-comment is written.
Would this be possible good/bad?

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 172
No, not. But I was refering to this:
At least we have alerts to keep track of them

The one who posted will get an alert, that's good.
The one who have not posted should not get an alert, that's good, too. But they at least should notify that there was something when they look in "New Profile Posts".

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I still don't understand :S.

This is how I think it works:

1. Somebody posts on my profile
2. A year later, somebody else comments on it
3. The three of us get an alert

This is what I think you are saying

1. Somebody posts on my profile
2. A year later, somebody else comments on it
3. Everyone on the site get an alert

Hm, no.
I'm not sure what you don't understand.
I never said I suggest all getting alerts for it.

1. New Profile Post--> Alert for you.

--> New Notification Bump in "New Profile Posts" for everyone.

New Profile Post comment--> Alert for you and others who commented.

--> New Notification Bump in "New Profile Posts" for everyone. *
*That's the suggestion. Because it's also actually new content on a user's profile that should be noted in New Profile Posts again. Else a living conversation is treated just like an outdated Post and gets hidden somewhere randomly in the list, like you for example said if guys are posting after some months/years again.

The behaviour would be similar like in "New Posts" list.
There also only subscribers gets an alert when there's a new post, but everyone can see it in "New Posts" list on top again.

Status
Not open for further replies.