• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add a Resources link to the profile popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
When clicking on an user, their profile popups, I usually do this when looking at a resource, say an icon and think "wow this guy made cool stuff, I wanna check out what more he makes".

A resource link would save some time instead of having to go to his profile and then click the resources tab.

And..

It would allow someone to watch the resources someone has made even if they want their profile to be hidden or when Hiveworkshop has trouble showing a profile like here:
Chaos Mill

(Click on the user Nilas Aran, go to profile).

Level 25
I could do that, but adding this save me the hassle of doing that.
Steps with: Click on username, click on resources.
Steps without: Copy name, paste name into search, click advanced search, paste name into author, scroll down search in forums until models is seen and can be clicked, search.

Level 25
Yeah but you don't take into account that he could post forum posts which would be included in your search.
Do the same with say General Frank and you'll have a hard time seing his resources.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The Advanced Search feature is... confusing.

Doing 'Search again', selecting the 'Search Bundles and Resources' Tab, and searching for General Frank in 'Authors' shows... 5 results :eekani:

'Require the Following Resource Type' is set to 'Any', and I am searching in 'All Forums' with child repositories as well (heh, why not?)

I do not get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.