• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Lordaeron Conquest style map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there, I'm thinking of starting a new conquest map based off WC3 lore, exept this one would be based just before the events of The Frozen Throne and would focus just on Lordaeron and Northrend.

The Blood elves would be trying to retake and rebuild Quel'thalas, Sylvanas would be forming her forsaken and trying to retake Lordaeron city and Arthas would be on his way to Northrend to save the Frozen Throne before it's too late.

Would anyone be interested in forming a team to create this? I can terrain but can only do basic trigger stuff so if someone out theres good with triggers would you interested in joining?

Level 7
This project idea, with unfortunately very limited description you posted above; sounds very similar to every other Lordaeron or Warcraft themed Risk - Conquest style map.

What do you plan on incorporating into the story-line and to the overall game play experience that would separate this map, from the semi-detailed to highly detailed maps that are already available?

Level 2
What Black Crown said.

You're going to need some niche to seperate this paticular map from the already heap of similar themed maps.

However though, I would like to join but I too, am only basicly educated on triggers, balencing etc.

Level 7
Thanks for the replies, well this is just in the idea phase atm so all i have are ideas and I don't know how original they, I'm a big fan of Azeroth Wars style maps so it will be heavily inspired by that but hopefuly we can put enough original ideas to make it stand alone from that.

I was thinking if we can just set it in Lordaeron and Northrend we can have a much more detailed map and incorporate some unique factions/races.

Level 2
Incoporating races, groups and factions will depend on how lore-bound your map will be, if you bounce off into an alternate timeline or stay true to the already written lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.