• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Information from ESL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Lately Blizzard has been doing some Internal testing on some new Resource Mechanics. Also a note that Multiplayer is nearly complete and that there is a fixed date for the Beta, but is secret for the moment (so it is sort of a goal for Blizzard to aim for that date).

Translated information Xordiah gave at the ESL Finals (9.-10. January 2009)

- Blizzard has a fixed Date for the Beta, still secret though.

- Multiplayer is nearly complete except a few details.

- There will be more opportunities to get beta keys (i.e. Contests, perhaps story-contest or something like that)

- The Blizzard internal SC2 build contains Dark Pylons, which have an ability that can speed up the Probes harvesting when triggered, has cooldown.

- The Command Center also has a cooldown that enables it to summon/drop pod a bigger SCV which collects resources faster.

- Supply depots can be upgraded to give "plus" 2 supply.

- Mentioned: that immortals seem to be extremely strong in the actual build.

So far this seems very strange, hopefully we are being misinformed but it seems like this is quite ridiculous. In my eyes it would ruin the perfect Economy balance that Sc1 had, but it seems there have been some problems so they are trying to fix it. Hope this gets scrapped to be honest, there are other ways to fix the economy then this. It seems like wc3 :thumbs_down:

Source: Starcraft2.4players.de

Level 13
From what I understand, this information was all lies, althought I could be wrong on that. Doesn't make sense either, atleast to me.

*EDIT* or actually, this could be true. Seeing this info on other sites too and Blizzard hasn't decided it. Still the CC "super SCV" and Dark Pylon do not make much sense to me.

Level 8
Having to spam an ability to make workers work faster.. Sounds bad.. Focus should be on battle afterall, not control + 9 all dark pylons.

I know it just isn't right, I know macro right now is really easy with mbs and the likes but this is a really bad solution. I mean we shouldn't be forced to do this, it's way unbalanced and should be scrapped immediately , it should not even be tested.

From what I understand, this information was all lies, althought I could be wrong on that. Doesn't make sense either, atleast to me.

*EDIT* or actually, this could be true. Seeing this info on other sites too and Blizzard hasn't decided it. Still the CC "super SCV" and Dark Pylon do not make much sense to me.

Infact it is not lies even Blizzard stated in the Q&A batch 48 that they are working on some new resource mechanics and there will be more information on the next batch. Also the person who gave this info out is a community dev that moderates the forums. Yeah Super SCV and Dark Pylon are both stupid, I don't mind the idea of a Dark Pylon, but not the resource gathering bonus.

Level 8
I don't see what's so awful about it.

It's too much of a stratagetic change from the original and it forces you to always use these "ability's" as soon as they are available. It would make it really annoying to always have to constantly use dark pylons just to get that edge on the player. It's all wrong and a lot of people on sc2 forums are complaining about it but Blizzard is testing it still. Unless you play sc1 seriously or competitivly you can't really understand the change this makes in gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.