• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Gen World Editor is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It just does not work.
Well, partially it does.
When I start it, it gives me this shit
Then it loads properly and kinda works
But the whole extentions tab is broken and none of the buttons works - when I press them, nothing just happens, no errors, nothing.
So, I, basically, have troubles with grimex
And I wanted to use tile setter from that tab...
There are exe files in newgen5d\grimext, like tilesetter.exe and others, but none of them works, they give me no lua5.1.dll error...
I am so pissed.
Can anyone please help me?

You have to disable anti-viruses before you install and use the program, or add JNGP files as an exception. It'll show up as a virus threat because of the way it hooks onto the editor to add extra functionality.

If you can't get it to work and all you need are tiles, then you can always make a request thread for someone to add the necessary tiles for you. You just need JNGP to add them, but the normal world editor can still open and edit the map from there on out.

Level 3
I redownloaded it several times.
Anti-virus never said anything about NGWE, but I will try to disable it.
UPDATE: I turned anti-virus off. Nothing changed. At all. Any ideas about No game.dll found?
UPDATE2: I moved the wc3 folder one day, but it looks like this stupid thing isn't aware of that. What do I do ?
UPDATE3: I put it back. Nothing changed. How can it not see game.dll if it's there?

You have to turn your anti-virus off and redownload. Simply turning it off isn't enough. Some AV's will just mess up the files.

About the no game.dll error: are you trying to run NewGen Warcraft 3? If so, then don't. Only use the NewGen Editor. The "NewGen Warcraft 3" file is for modded natives.

Otherwise, perhaps it is having trouble finding the Warcraft 3 path. Try this version:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...en-pack-2-0-x-beta-recruiting-testing-233145/
I think moyack improved the path finding (which is related to finding game.dll), so perhaps it will be easier to get working. It requires registration on his site tho, sorry. :\

Level 3
I am running NewGen WE.exe and just that.
I did every possible thing about anti-virus and nothing. As I said, it never ever said a thing about newgen.
I'll try that beta thing.
UPDATE: It does not work too.

Level 11
In the 2.0.7 Jass Newgen you can define your Wc3 Path manually:

attachment.php

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 798
Level 3
Try to Set the path, close the editor completely and re-open the editor.

So now the question is, what is the difference in the Warcraft III path it sees compared to the one you are putting in the field?

By setting your path, it should be able to see all 3 MPQ's otherwise it won't work.

It doesn't work. It still sets the old path. I copied all wc3 to old path and it still doesn't work.
There is Game.dll file.
Path setter says it found all the mpqs in each path and that the path is valid but it stil does not work.

Level 3
If you browse your computer to the path that you see in that window, there should be a game.dll for warcraft 3 in there. If it isn't there, then that's your problem. Does Warcraft III itself work properly?

Edit* Also, have you tried running Newgen.exe as an Administrator?

WC works. There is Game.dll file. I tried running it as admin still is broken.
UPDATE: I reinstalled warcraft and I don't have game.dll error anymore (for some ultraretarded reason it only appears when I run jnpg as admin). However, nothing still works. Extensions - everything is broken.

Level 3
So when you say 'broken', what exactly is wrong? What are you not able to do? Open a certain map? Open any map? Does the error occur when opening the world editor to start with?

Broken means features don't work. Extensions tab. Each button does literally nothing. And I need them.
Or are they supposed to do nothing ?

Level 11
Broken means features don't work. Extensions tab. Each button does literally nothing. And I need them.
Or are they supposed to do nothing ?

Depends on which extensions you are trying to use.
Some of them you have to enable from the extensions tab then save and close the world editor and re-open it to actually initialize.
But once they are enabled and showing that they are on, the features should work.

Edit*
As for youre game.dll is missing, I actually had that problem when trying to test map when using 1.5d.
Uninstalling 1.5d and switching to 2.0.x fixed that problem for me.

Level 11
The feature that lets you terrain with more than the editor normally allows? Or the one that sets custom tile pathability?

For both of those you have to open a map first, then select which tiles you want to use, then save the map, close the editor, and then re-open the editor. When you open the map and check your terrain palatte they should all be there.

Level 3
The feature that lets you terrain with more than the editor normally allows? Or the one that sets custom tile pathability?

For both of those you have to open a map first, then select which tiles you want to use, then save the map, close the editor, and then re-open the editor. When you open the map and check your terrain palatte they should all be there.

The button Edit Tileset in extensions does nothing. I think it's supposed to open a menu in which I can select needed tiles.

Level 11
OH, in one of the other tabs you have to enable something before you can use it. It's either Grimoire or UMSWE I can't remember which adds that feature.

Edit* Actually I'm quite sure it's UMSWE that has to be enabled.
Also, again once you enable it/turn on UMSWE you have to close and re-open the editor for it to work.

Level 3
OH, in one of the other tabs you have to enable something before you can use it. It's either Grimoire or UMSWE I can't remember which adds that feature.

Edit* Actually I'm quite sure it's UMSWE that has to be enabled.
Also, again once you enable it/turn on UMSWE you have to close and re-open the editor for it to work.

It says it cannot start plugin
If I try to enable UMSWE with JNGP ran as admin it says this

Level 11
The only other thing I can think to do is to uninstall both, Warcraft III and the JNPG. Then Reinstall both fresh. As you said you moved the WCIII folder, it seems something may be off.

Just to clarify, you are running the JNPG 2.0.7 version that PurgeandFire suggested, correct? If I recall, I also used to have problems with UMSWE in JNPG 1.5d.

Level 3
The only other thing I can think to do is to uninstall both, Warcraft III and the JNPG. Then Reinstall both fresh. As you said you moved the WCIII folder, it seems something may be off.

Just to clarify, you are running the JNPG 2.0.7 version that PurgeandFire suggested, correct? If I recall, I also used to have problems with UMSWE in JNPG 1.5d.

I tried every jnpg. None works.
I'll try reinstalling both.

Level 11
Try This. Now that I am home and able to access the editor:

1) Click 'Enable UMSWE' and each of the other 3 options in the list- You WILL get a plugin error for each one. Just hit 'OK'

2) Hover over the UMSWE tab to verify all have a blue checkmark beside it. Do NOT click them again

3) Close World Editor

4) Start World Editor and open a new or existing map. - Hover over the UMSWE tab and you should now be able to use the tile editor.

Perhaps once you enable UMSWE and restart the editor, you'll have to open a map before those options are selectable.

Edit* for more clarity

Level 11
I've verified the problem. If you enable/disable UMSWE options without restarting the editor and then try to use it's features you get the plugin error.

The above steps should work for him.

Edit**I tested this on Windows 7 with JNPG 1.5e. Give me a minute to verify on win 8.1 with JNPG 2.0.7.
Yeah, did the same thing on 8.1 with a different version of JNPG. Enabling the options and restarting the editor should work.

Level 3
Try This. Now that I am home and able to access the editor:

1) Click 'Enable UMSWE' and each of the other 3 options in the list- You WILL get a plugin error for each one. Just hit 'OK'

2) Hover over the UMSWE tab to verify all have a blue checkmark beside it. Do NOT click them again

3) Close World Editor

4) Start World Editor and open a new or existing map. - Hover over the UMSWE tab and you should now be able to use the tile editor.

Perhaps once you enable UMSWE and restart the editor, you'll have to open a map before those options are selectable.

Edit* for more clarity

Didn't Help.

Try going directly to the files within jassnewgenpack/grimex and run the exe's manually as administrator (by right clicking them -> run). See if you get an "Open file - security warning" or something along those lines. If you do, then uncheck the button that says "always ask before opening file".

Which OS are you using? Windows 8?

When I run the exes it says it can't find lua5.1.dll and nothing works (Even if I run it as admin).
There is lua5.1.dll file in JNGP folder.
Yes I have Win8 (not 8.1)

Level 11
Sorry, my mistake.
Try this.

Step 1:
First, in "Extensions" Make sure that Enable Local Files is on.
Open a new or existing Map.
Go to the Advanced Tab. Click Modify Tileset.
Click 'Use Custom Tileset'
Click Ok
attachment.php

Save the map.
Exit Editor.

Step 2:
Re-Open Editor.
Open your map.
Go to Extensions.
Click 'Edit Tileset'.
Add the tiles you wish to use.
Click 'Ok'
attachment.php

Save Map
Close World Editor

Step 3:
Re-open your map.
Go to Window - New Pallette - Terrain
attachment.php

All of the tiles you had picked should be there.

Attachments

• temp.PNG
    temp.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 402
  • temp2.PNG
    temp2.PNG
    472.5 KB · Views: 478
  • temp3.PNG
    temp3.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 421
Level 3
Sorry, my mistake.
Try this.

Step 1:
First, in "Extensions" Make sure that Enable Local Files is on.
Open a new or existing Map.
Go to the Advanced Tab. Click Modify Tileset.
Click 'Use Custom Tileset'
Click Ok
attachment.php

Save the map.
Exit Editor.

Step 2:
Re-Open Editor.
Open your map.
Go to Extensions.
Click 'Edit Tileset'.
Add the tiles you wish to use.
Click 'Ok'
attachment.php

Save Map
Close World Editor

Step 3:
Re-open your map.
Go to Window - New Pallette - Terrain
attachment.php

All of the tiles you had picked should be there.

WOW it works !
Well, it partially works. I mean, I can now open tileset editor, but on step 3, after I saved the map and closed editor, then opened it again, loaded same map, I only have regular tiles and the ones I added are not there.
But thank you anyways, it's a big progress already.

Level 3
After you select the tiles and hit ok, just close editor. Don't save the map. See if that works. It actually saves itself after you hit ok, saving again overwrites what you just added.

Oh yes ! Now it works ! Not sure what I did exactly, but I think I'll be able to repeat this. Thank you so very very much. You helped me a lot !
Although, it seem like there is still a limit, I only can add 12 tiles, then tile editor just ignores my clicks...
But I hope this will be enough for my project.
Thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.