• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is my Map Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Welcome to the second post of me begging for help. So, since the beginning of making my map I have always used the test map in order to test it out. Everything works perfectly fine and I finally decide to test it with a friend. However, upon opening it as a custom game in Warcraft 3 I was met with a sudden realization that it is was broken. There were no player slots. In wake of this, I immediately went back into the editor, looked up how player slots were setup, and then setup 12 player slots. Sadly though when I opened it as a custom game once again nothing had changed. There was only 1 slot that wasn't even dedicated to players. So, I returned to the internet and looked up the problem, but even after looking at all of the posts on different forums I couldn't find a problem exactly like mine. There were many similar problems which all pointed to syntax errors and custom script stuff, but after running Jass for the 20th time no syntax errors are found within my game and I don't even use custom scripts. Which leads me to my question. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Level 5
I believe you might have not checked the fixed player settings in the forces properties (which is situated in the scenario tab.)

to access this tab, just go to scenario -> forces properties.

I hope this might solve the error you are facing.
1632378650446.png

Level 3
I believe you might have not checked the fixed player settings in the forces properties (which is situated in the scenario tab.)

to access this tab, just go to scenario -> forces properties.

I hope this might solve the error you are facing.
View attachment 387441
Thank you for the feedback, but even after forcing the player settings the problem persists.

Level 5
I see, I am not too sure of the problem if it is possible, could you send an attachment of your map? I am running on v1.29, versions are incompatible with mine. If it is an older version though, I can try it out and see what could be a problem. Otherwise, other members may help you out.

Level 3
I see, I am not too sure of the problem if it is possible, could you send an attachment of your map? I am running on v1.29, versions are incompatible with mine. If it is an older version though, I can try it out and see what could be a problem. Otherwise, other members may help you out.
Thank you for the help, but I am currently away from home dealing with a sudden family emergency. Since the Hotel I am now staying at doesn't have great wifi I can't be to sure whether I can upload the file while here. However, after testing the map through the editor I did find trouble with my triggers that Jass never mentioned to me which could be the cause. I can't be completely sure if the problem is fixed yet because I haven't fixed all the triggers, but if it doesn't I will attempt to get back to you with the attachment. As I said before Thank you for helping me with this problem.

Level 5
I see, I hope the situation on your end goes well, and I hope the issue will be fixed as well, if it isn't I'll try my best to help, and hopefully, others will too. Good luck and have a good time mate. :smile:

Level 3
Whatever has happened to my map is far from my understanding. Maybe the Machine Spirits are punishing me for a reason unknown to me, or the Warcraft 3 Reforged Editor is just this bad... Who knows. All I know is that even after removing all the triggers from the map to check if it was them, or not, it still didn't work. So Instead I have started moving everything over to a completely fresh map file which seems to be working for the moment. Thank you for putting up with me during this short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.