• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opening and saving map in editor (no changes) breaks map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi folks.

I am totally new at the world editor, but also only want to do a very simple thing, which I hope you can help me with.

I've obtained an unprotected version of legion td 3.41 from here Legion TD Mega 3.5 (B4) + 3.41 unprotect

I want to make a slight edit in the editor and then save the map. The edit I know how to do now.

However just opening the map in the editor and saving it again seems to "corrupt" the map and generates a syntax error.

Further description of the problem:

I have tested that the unprotected map I download from the link above is playable (8 player slots, everything works).

If I try to open the map in the map editor and just save it immediately afterwards - making no changes - it generates a single syntax error seen here: imgur.com

It saves the map, however. When I try to create a game with that saved map, something is clearly broken - there are suddenly no player slots, which can be seen on this picture: imgur.com

I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I have no experience editing custom maps - but seems like just me opening and saving the map creates some kind of error, without me making any changes.

Hope someone can help me! Would love to know if this can be fixed without spending hours learning jass.

Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Level 1
Have you tried following the implementation instructions on the Anti-cheat system or removing the Anti-cheat system? The cause of the syntax error is due to the fact the local variable i is being set to itself when it contains no value beforehand. You might get more syntax errors after fixing this one.

Level 1
Thank you for replying.
No I haven't, as I have no idea how to. Can you redirect me to a place where I can read about it?

Basically I know almost nothing about editing and creating wc3 maps.
As I have experience with other programming languages, I do understand why the syntax throws an error at the given line. But I don't even know how to edit in the script and don't really know anything about triggers either.
Do I need to know much in order to fix this do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.