• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Era: Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrain art I made couple of months ago, it's supposed to be composed of around 20 terrains but got lazy and gave up, so here it is, just dropping this off and maybe this will be my last cause i'd rather go back to my ole home the Template section. Anyway here they are, they're fugly but meh, probably won't change it or improve it.

arachnid-droid-png.301934

cosmos-png.301936

interstellar-png.301938

rising-sun-png.301940

autumn-leaves-png.301935

daybreak-png.301937

regrets-png.301939

twilight-png.301941

also check out my:
My Wc3 Maps
My Wc3 Templates

Attachments

• Arachnid Droid.png
    Arachnid Droid.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 554
  • Autumn Leaves.png
    Autumn Leaves.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 540
  • Cosmos.png
    Cosmos.png
    876.7 KB · Views: 524
  • Daybreak.png
    Daybreak.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 564
  • Interstellar.png
    Interstellar.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 554
  • Regrets.png
    Regrets.png
    1 MB · Views: 526
  • Rising Sun.png
    Rising Sun.png
    645 KB · Views: 525
  • Twilight.png
    Twilight.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Level 14
Great job. Arachnid Droid and Interstellar are my favorites.
In the Regrets one, I think there is not enough focus on the troll, I almost missed it! I think you need to rework on the composition/framing of that one.
Also, you might be using the big light source in your face gimmick a bit too often.
Anyway, very neat work.

In the Regrets one, I think there is not enough focus on the troll, I almost missed it! I think you need to rework on the composition/framing of that one.
i'm not quite sure if i'll rework it, maybe when i decide to go back to terrain art but for a long while it'll stay that way since i'm working with 4 maps currently and i want to focus on them.

Also, you might be using the big light source in your face gimmick a bit too often.
hehehe

Level 36
I really like the foundation you've got going here, some of those terrains are really neat.

I don't blame you for not wanting to continue making scenic terrains, but I do wish you would reconsider.

Let me know if you ever decide to brush up on any of these or continue with scenic terrains, I won't waste
my time reviewing something that won't matter.

I really like the foundation you've got going here, some of those terrains are really neat.

I don't blame you for not wanting to continue making scenic terrains, but I do wish you would reconsider.

Let me know if you ever decide to brush up on any of these or continue with scenic terrains, I won't waste
my time reviewing something that won't matter.
You're goals by the way and also i'll do the mini contest i promised. soon.

Level 28
Nice stuff you got there. Your scenic stuff is really good (though the light thing starts to get predictable as someone already mentioned =P), and your templates are also good, which is a rare thing. When making a playable scenario, we terrainers must never forget the readability aspect of the terrain - sometimes too many tall buildings or vegetation that's spread all over can make the player struggle understanding where is walkable and where isn't. Sometimes your playable terrains suffer from this, imo. But still they're nice. Keep up the good work!

Nice stuff you got there. Your scenic stuff is really good (though the light thing starts to get predictable as someone already mentioned =P), and your templates are also good, which is a rare thing. When making a playable scenario, we terrainers must never forget the readability aspect of the terrain - sometimes too many tall buildings or vegetation that's spread all over can make the player struggle understanding where is walkable and where isn't. Sometimes your playable terrains suffer from this, imo. But still they're nice. Keep up the good work!
thanks

When making a playable scenario, we terrainers must never forget the readability aspect of the terrain - sometimes too many tall buildings or vegetation that's spread all over can make the player struggle understanding where is walkable and where isn't. Sometimes your playable terrains suffer from this, imo.
yu, i kinda realized that my older templates were messy and blocks too much vision, that's why you can expect my newer terrain woulb less "huger" and will consider lots of stuff my older terrains didn't, especially this new one i'm releasing soon :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.