• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrains by lil' Revolve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey :D
I will upload some terrains i've done. This is not supposed to be a gallery, just a thread that'll last for a while and me getting some feedback on my W.I.Ps :D

First one: A Warlock has infected the deserty Barrens with his vile fel energys....
Second one: A Sorceror stands on the mounatin, overlooking the forest below...

Don't post like "Meh I don't like it."
Rather post "Meh I don't like it very much. You could work more on ---, and perhaps add ---."

Cheers:grin:

Attachments

• OrcWarlock.jpg
    OrcWarlock.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 235
  • OrcWarlockRed.jpg
    OrcWarlockRed.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 183
  • OrcWarlockGreen.jpg
    OrcWarlockGreen.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Overlook.jpg
    Overlook.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Level 15
Your last one is very good.

Advice: When taking a screenshot, disable every window. This way, your picture doesn't look "noobish".

Thank you :thumbs_up:

To be completely honest, i had that window on the left on purpose, because the picture compressed in such way that it actually looked better:grin:

The cliffs are just something I wanted to try out, thats not usually how I make cliffs.

Off topic; Is it possible to download new skys from somewhere? Because most of the Blizzard skyes llooks so blurry and just ugly.:eekani:

Level 36
The first one is the best. Simply because the fog blends with the sky, and its the first time I see the Outland sky actually used and dont look TOTALLY crap. That said, the outland sky aint really that good looking no matter how much it fits to the terrain and what not..

Level 19
1st one is the best.

The first one is the best. Simply because the fog blends with the sky, and its the first time I see the Outland sky actually used and dont look TOTALLY crap. That said, the outland sky aint really that good looking no matter how much it fits to the terrain and what not..

I agree with void and Keiji. You should stick to the first one, it just got way better atmosphere. I dunno if it affects the moon if the camera angle is changed, but that could be a solution for its ovalness. Also get rid of the selection circle that burns my eyes in the first three pictures. ;)

The forest in the last picture looks really nice and smooth, but the view distance is really crappy and unnatural. Also I don't like the cliffs you made there.

Level 15
Lol just saw that selection circle, how annoying lol. I will try to adjust the screenshot, the sky and the fog for a final picture.

Newzzzzzzz; I am working on a Naga "city", basiclly a Sunken Ruins theme. I have been working on it for some hours now, it turns out great I must say, but the time just spins away. Will upload some pics of what i got.... in some hours. :thumbs_up:

EDIT: Heres somewhat an altar (there will be many more buildings). It's not yet 100% complete, got some work to do indoors and upstairs, the fog+sky and some units to add, but the concept is ready. This took me quite a time, and almost every wall/building doodad is "custom" (2-3 doodads combined and edited size, X,Y,Z). Will upload rest of the new pics in first post.

Attachments

• SunkenCity.jpg
    SunkenCity.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 15
:D

Yeah the scrubs from the stone may look unnatural, will work on that.

Edit: Lol just realised, there is actually grass between the tiles on the Sunken Ruins tiles... mehh still looks unnatural :p

Edit2: Update on the Sunken City! This will most likely be the final version of the "temple", but there is still much to work on the surroundings and ofcoarse to add the rest of the city.
I won't take the shot from a different angle yet (there are things on and in the temple you can't see), but till i got the complete terrain done.

Attachments

• SunkenCity2.jpg
    SunkenCity2.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 15
~Bump~

i can still see the end of the world XD :p anyway its much better now

Lol yeah ino, but i don't want to show the unterrained parts from a different angle :D thanks anyway

@ArcticInferno: Yeah, will work on that.

Update! WIP of the second area of the city. Basicly a small market with a home (home not 100% yet) and some ruins. You can also see a "mountain" in the background with some waterfalls. Also added alot of shrubbery/grass/plants etc to the map overall. :D

PS. The reason till why the background/mounatin is cut off is because of the angle. Not a final version as said so I will find a better angle.

Attachments

• Sunken_city4.jpg
    Sunken_city4.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 75
Level 15
I again saw end of the world.
(try to use fogged sky, it has an effect to change color in color of the fog...)

I know you can see the end of the world, again it's because of the angle :D I want to show as much of what i've made instead of making an epic screenie.
Yeah I might just use the fogged sky, this one I use is just temporary. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.