• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New champaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Building an Empire (Campaign)

I am making a campaign. I doesnt want to reveal the story yet, course I will reveal it when I am ready for beta/demo version. But I can say this much:
It is a story that involves more then 5 planets
There is spacefigting included
There is space travel included (what a surprise^^)
There is humor (but not to much, just to keep the attantion
And of course there is movies to make the story

But nows come the big question: How to show you part of the campaign I made?? Shall I go out and find some site that can host the dl for me, or does the hive have such a funktion?? I will be very glad for any respons. And later I am looking forward to hear alot of critisisme and good advices... HeHe

And just one more thing: Hosting projekts, I think I wait with that. I want to have made at least 6-7 parts of the campaign before thinking of that. But know you guys know that a new campaign is on its way, and I promise I will finish it, becaurse I hate unfinished campaigns myself :)

Greetings RED-BARON

Last edited:
Level 12
Ok so there is going to be space fightong?!?!? Cool, this sounds awesome, I can't wait. How is the space travel going to work, are you going to watch it like a cin or play it somehow, or do you not want to say? About showing us, you could do epicwar.com, but I think you can upload maps and stuff into your posts under attachments, thats what I did on accident when tryong to put screenies up and they had to dl so yeah. Anyways this sounds cool so I can't wait.

P.S. its campaign, not champaign. =)

Level 35
Ok so there is going to be space fightong?!?!? Cool, this sounds awesome, I can't wait. How is the space travel going to work, are you going to watch it like a cin or play it somehow, or do you not want to say? About showing us, you could do epicwar.com, but I think you can upload maps and stuff into your posts under attachments, thats what I did on accident when tryong to put screenies up and they had to dl so yeah. Anyways this sounds cool so I can't wait.

P.S. its campaign, not champaign. =)

Thx, and yes I can tell more then i already did: The space travel will mostly be movieparts, but if the travel for example involves a fight it would proably be playercontrolled for somepart.
And some more about the campaign:
It also have ground battles like blizzards had, but it would be custom races.
There would be some missions you must do, and of course also some opditional ones.

About campaign, yes thx for telling, but figthing isnt spelled fightong :p

Level 35
This Campaign is slowly growing..

Hey there. I know this tread is actualy dead... But just wanted to let you know that I am still working on this campaign.. so it is slowly finishing. Thing I will be able to release some chapters when I get summer vacation, cause then I get more time to work in :)
Hope you will have fun with this once it is out and I hope that warcraft is still being played ; )
Grettings RED-BARON

Level 35
What?

Is this an actual WarCraft 3 campaign? Because it would be kinda awkward you know what I mean: Gryphons using time travel fighting against intergalactic frost wyrms? lol

Hmm just wondering....
You have heard about models right?
And I havent said a word about timetravel.
And why am I getting the felling that you are talking about some starwars based theme?

What realy is:
Yes there is videos showing spacetravel (maybe, but not yet done with spacefight) When the "hero" land on a planet the planet is different from an other planet... meaning some has advanced tech others are using spears an clubs. The main hero is using swords, but his abillitys and items will give him more advence tech if found or used.. based on player choice....

Level 5
Pictures are woth a thousand words.

You can describe all you want but you can just take a well shot image.

It doesn't matter if it's from a good angle or not when it comes to images. It makes it look better. It's not a BAD thing. If you're worried it'll get too much hype for your map, just calm down, most people probably have low expectations for EVERY map when they try it for the first time. The images will only entice people to try it, or want to try it.

Level 35
Last edited:
Level 12
distination - destination

Lol do you want someone to go over your spelling? Rawr, it is only an Alpha right? There will be no errors when you are done. Oh, it looks good. I like the second picture, even if it is only a ship and a planet. Something just clisks with me.

Level 35
distination - destination

Lol do you want someone to go over your spelling? Rawr, it is only an Alpha right? There will be no errors when you are done. Oh, it looks good. I like the second picture, even if it is only a ship and a planet. Something just clisks with me.

Damn again one I overlooked... fixing and thanks.
And yes when I release last version whole champaign errors (I realy hope) would be gone. And thanks for the clicks you thing hehe. Actualy the rocket isnt moving ingame, because olofmoleman made the model with rocket nose upright, so I had to make a bit triggers to make it "move" up to planet and through space. Only anoying thing is that somehow the rocket fire wouldnt work on planet part, but doesnt think it mean anything.

Level 35
I hate doing this duoble posting, but nevertheless.. just got the idea of showing you a pic from ingame, not movie..
Oh and just need to say, that the hero stats is cheatet a little up for testing purpose, he will be less strong real.

But I also update course I could use some help with a very very anyoing trigger for a mission.
I use this trigger (try to):
  • Events
  • Unit-A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ensnare (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
  • Wait 0.05 seconds
  • Set EnsnaredPig=(Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Wait 0.10 seconds
  • Unit-Move EnsnaredPig instantly to (Random point in Pig Mission Spawn <gen>)
  • Game-Display to Player 1 (Red), at offset (0.00, 0.00) for 3.00 seconds the text:
  • Wait 0.05 seconds
And before someone comment about the design.. it is only for singleplayer use this one..
But I thought of following resons to why it fails:
The spell is from an item that the player uses on the pig.
Somehow I am doing something wrong :)
Else nothing. Just want to add, it says the message, but doesnt catch or do anything to the pig, it only says massage and ensnares the pig.

Level 35
Actualy I my use an other person as hero... just dont know yet...
Btw thanks for the revive...
Much more has been done now, the trigger thing is fixed, and many spelling mistakes is fixed. This campaign evolves slowly, but it for sure will be finished!
It is also meant to be with humour.
The major target in all campaign is to earn trust and respect in order to in last chapter being able to summon a huge army in order to battle the universe dictator...

Status
Not open for further replies.