• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Auto Chess WC3 Map

What do you think of this idea?

• Great idea! Would like to participate in development!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Great idea! Can't wait to play this map!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I'm not sure. Maybe I'll try this map

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • You've got Dota auto chess and TFT. It's unnecessary

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone! :peasant-waving:

I know most of y'all are familiar with Auto Chess genre and games like TFT (TeamFight Tactics) and dota auto chess in particular.

The idea is following: :peasant-i-object:
  • Create Auto Chess map in WC3
  • Use Warcraft universe for this game
  • Logically combine units into groups
  • Each unit can belong to Faction and be one of the Classes
  • Simulate the Auto Chess match making mechanics
  • Create AI for this map
Factions and Classes: :peasant-victory:
All ideas are up to community. Would like to hear all of your thought on this :pnewt:
(e.g. 3 Workers build up a Tower that attack units)

Looking for Developers who had previous experience in creating custom maps. :peasant-work-work:
Would like to start programming with Lue once Warcraft III Reforged is out

About me: :peasant-sad:
- Have a long term experience in playing WC3, and for now playing TFT.
- Real Life Developer and also been working on custom maps since I started playing WC3

Level 4
Having "You've got Dota auto chess and TFT. It's unnecessary" as a poll option is almost as silly as choosing that option in the poll itself. There has never been a completely original game. Never. It will never happen. All ideas of creation take inspiration from other sources, so to say that because there are 2 (and more) currently successful auto chess games and that's why no other auto chess games should be made is simply shutting yourself down.

You're also giving eTrolls a channel to shut you down---F you to the person who voted for the above poll choice. Also... nobody is going to make your game for you. Jump into WE and make something of substance, then bring it to discussion. People will follow and participate when you bring substance to the table but they are much less likely to jump on an empty ship. FYI, I'm writing this entire message with the mindset that the OP has probably receded back into the shadows and given in to doubt. I really hope they come back and try again to bring their ideas to fruition!

I'm developing an auto chess game in Reforged myself and I STILL support and enjoy the idea of other auto chess games coming forth thru development. You should go for it! So with that said, if any of you (@izumii3 @Gigleet @kindat) would like tips or to share brainstorming ideas, feel free to reach out to me!

Level 5
I was also working on an auto chess map couple months ago but I switched into another game-design keeping the same unit pool/draw/upgrade/mana regeneration system you have in Auto Chess.

If you know Castle Fight TD from war3 my idea is a mix between those two concepts, you have a drafter to get the random rolls, a stash like in autochess and these units are meant to be put over a "base" area. This will place a spawn point that will periodically spawn the given unit-type unit. I've planned on having several lanes you can push by manually assigning the orders to each spawn points.

At the moment, I did a mix of GUI/vJass stuff to get a pool of unit, a random draw system based on the same level probability as AutoChess and an auto upgrade trigger working.
My system is also taking races & classes into account, I think I can make a better design with less code but I'm too focused on making a release for Reforged :goblin_yeah:

I'll make a thread here looking for devs too because there is a lot to do but I feel we can all share our ideas and triggers to have a good and balanced system !

Attachments

• reborn battle map design.png
    reborn battle map design.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 179
Level 4
Looks neat! I recently halted development on my stuff indefinitely, primarily because Shizzard has adjusted their user agreement claiming that they own anything we make now in its entirety.

Level 5
Yes I've seen it, sad days for the War3 community...
Anyway I still got hope so I'm keep on going to dev and I did a thread on the Hive this morning to present the map : Reborn Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.