• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Warcraft Reborn Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Warcraft Reborn Battle
101_1.png
Map Format
  • Warcraft 3 Version : 1.31+ Classic & Reforged
  • Gameplay : Real-time strategy & auto resolution
  • Supported players : 1 - 8
  • Suggested game format : 2v2, 3v3, 4v4
98_1.png
Description

Warcraft Reborn Battle is a new project I've started for Reforged and it was initially a War3 remake of popular Auto Battle gameplay like AutoChess, TFT and Underlords. Then War3 Castle Fight TD came to my mind and I thought it would be cool to mix the concepts of drafting random unit and then use them on a location for a periodical spawn.

For those who are not familiar with Auto Battle, the units are sorted by tier and categorized with a race and a class. The more you gain level the more you can draft better tier units, these units can also upgrade if you combine 3 of the same unit-type. Gameplay is about to buy and keep units in a stash and then put it over a "chessboard" so they will automatically fight against opponents. Each unit has a special ability that can be used when reaching maximum mana. Having different units sharing the same race/class gives a passive bonus and is an important part of game strategy.

This map aims to keep the same mechanics as Auto Battle concerning draft system, tier system, unit upgrades/abilities and combat system but with a very different gameplay. Instead of having a chessboard you can use the units you drafted in the stash (with the Drafter building) as spawn points that will periodically produce a unit of the same type. This spawned unit will push one lane that can be manually set by the user so you can decide in real-time where to put pressure on or to defend. Units will push and attack until they reach the opponents castle. Your Summoner is the hero used to manage your spawn points, your percent of chance drawing a specific tier unit depends on his level.

There are 3 lanes you can push to and the middle lane is called the "jungle" (a moba thing I guess).
Each side has a defensive tower on top and bottom lane, once it's destroyed units will directly go into the base.
Units won't push jungle by default so you have to manually assign them. There are hostile creeps inside it that will slow down your progression but also sometimes gives you loot. You also gain a bonus when your units control the center of the map, as jungle is covered by fog of war, your opponents won't see your units coming : they will have to guess.

Income is also periodically given and will give you gold, XP for the Summoner and a free roll in your Drafter.

The first team who destroys the enemy castle wins the game !

267_1.png
Map Design

full

Features

Screenshots

Videos

Alpha Versions

Infos

Credits

- Original gameplay mixing auto resolution and real time decisions
- 57 different units with their upgrades (max is level 3)
- 9 races / 8 classes with their own bonus
- Draft system and tier system following the Auto Battle game standards
- Auto combat and spell resolution
- Dynamic spawn points
- Custom UI to ease unit manipulation
- Auto upgrade in the stash
- Items to loot and to buy, used on spawns to give every spawned unit the according item
- Teamwork based on

full

full

full

full

full

Videos are made to show the current state of the alpha version and to explicit the gameplay, it's not reflecting an almost finished state of the map.

Reforged Demo

TFT Demo

v0.08

v0.09

[30/01/2020]
Initial release on the Hive

[07/02/2020]
- Added fixed Jungle unit groups
- Added generic max HP and damage for every unit according to his tier & level
- Minor fixes

---TO BE WRITTEN---

Alpha State - [01/03/2020] Pre-Alpha will be released after resolving desync issues

I got really hyped to conceptualize and develop the core mechanics but I realize there is plenty of work to do to get a playable and balanced version of the map. I've currently implemented the draft and roll system, tiers are also working accordingly to Summoner's level. I got a basic pathing system, base units are registered in the system and already sorted by race/class.

However, no unit abilities, stats or race/class passive have been made so there is actually no balance and I'm looking for some developers/terrainers/unit&race designers/3D modders interested in the project (to build a super dev team!) or just people willing to get involved in the game design.

More details can be found on the Trello boards links (in "Infos" section). Thanks for the feedback.

Let's hope this come along with a non-buggy version of Reforged :xxd:

Map Download : you may encounter bugs while playing, some of the most visible are already identified.

Attachments

• Reborn Battle Alpha 0.09 REFORGED.w3x
    393.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 4
Along for the ride! This looks very interesting. I'm intrigued by the blend between moba pushing and auto chess mechanics. Super cool idea to be able to build your push then watch how it competes when it reaches the enemy! Good luck, excited to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.