• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Chess BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1ljcZal.png

A LARGE ARMY AUTO BATTLE ROYALE.

Fight for dominance round after round until only 1 player remains. Recruit from a large variety of troops to muster an intimidating army.
Make glorious use of Azeroth's fiercest warriors combined with racial abilities, upgrades, special items, and Heroes to dominate and crush the opposition to pieces.

GwAQWap.png

Key Features
  • Up to 10 player free-for-all PvP.
  • Warcraft themed.
  • 9 races, each with multiple unique racial abilities.
  • Unique custom items of different rarity levels.
  • Almost every hero from War3 can be recruited from hero draft rounds.
  • Structured and strategic gameplay.
  • Satisfying large army battles.
Notes
  • Playable in both Classic & Reforged graphical modes! Play in Reforged mode for the best experience.
  • To play single player, launch the map with yourself as the only player (do NOT add computer players). You will fight 1v1 against a competitive AI player.
  • Expect game sessions to last 30-35 min.
  • If playing in Reforged mode (which is recommended), please do yourself a solid and install The Quenching mod first if you haven't already.
Credits
  • Bag_1.mdx -- "Bag_1" -- by !!GORO!!
  • TotemPole.mdx -- "Totem Pole" -- by Fingolfin
  • Knockback System -- "GUI Knockback System" -- by Paladon
  • A special thanks to my rl friend, Goobastank, for some early concept contributions.
Updates

11/21/21 - v1.0 dev version has been uploaded. This is a playable, full and unprotected version of the map that still has development elements like disabled triggers and notes. The in-game experience is considered complete and final for both singleplayer and online multiplayer. There's close to 100 custom items, many with unique effects, and I wish to continue adding more at my leisure. It's been a long time since an update and I still work on the map almost daily, so until I really feel done with it I would like to keep updating it here. Tldr; It's complete but I'm still enjoying adding more content frequently.
6/27/21 - v0.9.9p BETA has been removed. Dev version 1.0 will be uploaded here soon. War Chess will launch officially as an unprotected map from 1.0 onward.
3/14/21 - v0.9.9p BETA has been uploaded. This update fixes asset issues with SD mode and all battle units have received a thorough balance pass! Additionally, this version adds troop info tooltips, a few new Hero items, and more general polishing changes. This is the final beta version before 1.0 release.
2/25/21 - v0.9.8p BETA has been uploaded. This update brings support for classic mode, an end game stat screen, smooth camera transitions, additional camera options, a new hero to recruit, and more.
2/13/21 - Updated the media spoiler section to better reflect the current state of the game.
1/27/21 - v0.9.7p BETA has been uploaded. This update brings 7 new troops to recruit, along with 4 new legendary items, bug fixes, balance changes, income adjustments, the removal of draws and addition of sudden death, and more.
1/16/21 - v0.9.6p BETA has been uploaded. More user friendliness! With this update comes a new multiboard, balance changes, expanded tips and UI elements, bug fixes and more.
1/11/21 - It seems the first map optimizer I used is removing WE files that are causing crashes. The newest rendition of v0.9.5p does not crash players on initialization during testing so far. This version brings a slew of QOL improvements to make the experience more user friendly.
1/7/21 - I have uploaded a new beta version that I'm hoping addresses crashes on map initialization. If you download the map and experience a crash, it would be a tremendous help if you commented here with the error codes and description of what happened. Ty! :)

battlepreview1.png herorecruitpreview7.png battlepreview10.png herorecruitpreview8.png herorecruitpreview9.png multiboardpreview1.png herorecruitpreview10.png basepreview1.png battlepreview9.png battlepreview8.png battlepreview7.png statspreview2.png battlepreview6.png battlepreview5.png battlepreview4.png battlepreview3.png battlepreview2.png herorecruitpreview6.png basepreview9.png basepreview8.png basepreview7.png basepreview6.png basepreview4.png basepreview3.png herorecruitpreview.png herorecruitpreview3.png herorecruitpreview4.pngendpreview1.png

This mod is in the final stages of beta development--it is considered a complete and mostly polished playable experience relative to the final scope of the polished project.

I hope some people out there find this really enjoyable! Thanks for visiting.

Attachments

• War Chess v1.0.0.w3m
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Level 4
I hope it's okay that I bump this a little bit. I don't make new posts for changes and version uploads, and I've just uploaded the very last beta version before I work towards the polished 1.0 release. This would be the ideal time for any who've downloaded and played to offer feedback if they so choose.

I offer apologies to the hand full of people that downloaded earlier versions and were likely met with insane crash rates and desync. I hope I've done all I can on my end to provide a stable experience for both mode users.

Even if people don't really enjoy this that's deeply and truly okay with me--I'm going to finish this project as a goal to myself, especially after my last didn't go so well, and it's by far the coolest mod I've ever made for any game.

So with that being said...
Thank you for checking out my project thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.