• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Neutral Players to Creep Players in AOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Sorry about this, but how whould you make the Neutral Extra/Neutral Passive/Neutral Victim behave like creep units (the normal units that spawn and run to enemy bases) in a aos? I have seen other maps doing this and would like to know how you do this since i have a 3 way AOS with 3 vs 3 vs 3 and would like to make it 4 vs 4 vs 4 since it would increase the amount of action. If you could post me a system I'll be VERY HAPPY:thumbs_up: else if you just describe how you do it, I will figure it out myself?

Last edited:
Level 5
JASS:
    call SetPlayerController(Player(12),MAP_CONTROL_USER)
    call SetPlayerController(Player(13),MAP_CONTROL_USER)
    call SetPlayerController(Player(14),MAP_CONTROL_USER)
    call SetPlayerController(Player(15),MAP_CONTROL_USER)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(12),0)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(0),0)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(4),0)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(8),0)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(13),1)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(1),1)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(5),1)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(9),1)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(14),2)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(2),2)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(6),2)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(10),2)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(15),3)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(3),3)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(7),3)
    call SetPlayerTeam(Player(11),3)
Here's how I set up my 3v3v3v3 system for my AoS, using Neutral Hostile (Player (12)), Neutral Victim (Player (13)), Neutral Extra (Player (14)) and Neutral Passive as creeps ( Player (15)). In your case, you might want to leave out Neutral Passive for shops.

Hope this does help. :)

Level 8
Hey. Thanks Airandius. Altough the hero kills will get stuffed then but that is fixable. Strange. My creeps when they spawn are ordered to a location and after some distince turn around? This is the like Neutral Hostile/Extra/Victim also is it posible to change their names since when I tried to change it they went blank.

Level 17
Hmm, I don't know about the name changing..
But you can make groups for the spawning/hero kills? :p

First group contains player controlled units, the second group contains the waves etc.

When for example a unit enters map, and unit belongs to wave, then put him into the group.
Then for checking what kind of unit it is (for commands like moving or to remove selection) you can just check what group it belongs to.

------

For your problem that they turn around I suggest you check:
A) Triggers that might cause it, there might just be one little bugger that's fucking everything up.
B) If there is a region at the point where they turn, it might be that a different trigger sends them to the wrong region. Like you want: Region A --> Region B --> Region C.
But u made a bug at the trigger from Region B --> Region C, so instead of going to Region C they will go to Region A.
To make it simple: Region A --> Region B --> Region A

Status
Not open for further replies.