• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neutral AI in AOS-Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuk

Tuk

Level 2
hi,

i am going to make an aos-map with neutral creeps as "spawning and fighting unit" , so you can play with 12 players (like in TOB) the alliances work! the units fight but after a few seconds , the units walk back to the base.(and back to the front and so on)

is this becaurse of the neutral creeps?

what can i do ?

i am sure that the unit-movment-trigger are ok.

thx for help

Level 2
well the problem isnt about range what i´ve experienced so far.

whenever the neutral units spawn they get the movement trigger and follow their path for about 5-6 seconds.
then suddenly all units (the neutral-extra (set as team1 allied) and the neutral-victim (set as team2 allied) turn around.. move to the spawn region that tells them to move to the enemy base..and turn around again.

but now it doesnt happen after 5-6 seconds again..
they just run... attack the opposing creeps and fight..

some of them turn around then.. sometimes just 1 archer... then a pack of 6.. it happens sporadicely..

i cannot tell why its just a few.. its not a matter of range from the spawning point and it just happens to a few of the units..

there is no trigger in the map that says "turn around"..
there are even triggers that tell the units to move to the enemy base if "a unit is issued an order with no target"

so something very strange happens..

we´re not using any KI.. i´ve seen tides of blood and the neutral units keep attacking.. so a nice 6on6..

in dota its a 5on5..maybe the creators had the same problem as we have.

so please.. heeeelp :)

Level 2
bleh...

first try than talk...

:p

sorry.. your tip works excellent.

the creeps stopped running back..

now everything works fine again..

tnx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.