• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nerv's entry for CBS scene contest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A Short scene Cinematik for the Scene contest #1 of Clan CBS

This map isn't protected so you can learn from it
well I know.. the triggers aren't that good.. exspecially the jump trigger^^ but who cares xD

Well Hf

Scene lasts 90 seconds
Credits: 40 seconds

greets Nerv91.Slayer

Keywords:
Cinematic, Hunt, dark, ranger, wood, video,
Contents

Nerv's entry for CBS scene contest (Map)

Reviews
01:44, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: I cannot give it a rating 3 at this moment due to the lag at the credit scene. Even our mini-moderator bounty hunter said the same thing. You have 2 option. 1) Fix the lag at the ending scene. 2) This map would be...

M

01:44, 3rd Feb 2009
Septimus: I cannot give it a rating 3 at this moment due to the lag at the credit scene. Even our mini-moderator bounty hunter said the same thing.

You have 2 option.

1) Fix the lag at the ending scene.
2) This map would be rejected at 1/6/2009 if there is nothing been done to fix the lag.

Update News : Since Ralle have explain the new status information. The status of this map would be set to Rejected (until updated)

Level 31
1) Make the description at hiveworkshop better, all it ever written was how long the scene was and it was for contest.
2) Lack of map description, fix it.
3) Why the archer chase him? You could be more specific to tell us the detail.
4) Credit scenario was lagging, you probably have a serious memory leak in your trigger. I do not mind a memory leak at single player cinematic, but when the cinematic is lagging it was unacceptable.

3/5 from me at this moment and mini-moderator vote was REVIEW. Till you fix the lag at credit scenario, I don't think it was ready for approval.

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

Rating system

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay*/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
* Not in cinematic
->That equals 100 points max. -> Exeption: No Dialog = 90 points max.
Percent Grade Status

0 - 34%
1/5 Rejected

35 - 49%
1/5 Reviewed

50 - 64%
2/5 Approved

65 - 79%
3/5 Approved

80 - 89%
4/5 Approved

90 - 100%
5/5 Approved

The table may vary if needed.

Originality: 4 points -
Well it is a scene but just a random fight isn't original.

Scripting: 7 points +
Interesting and decent effects I must say.

Terrain: 4 points -
Need a lot more work on the terrain, to plain in parts, at the begging its realy bad.

Bug Free: 10 points +
Runs fine.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 6 points +
Short nice battle scene. Although some things just can't get in my head, how can they miss so much, and then he defends from the imba ranger and the other chick kills him.

Lag: 3 points -
Credits laged quite a lot.

Proper submission and crediting: 3 point -
More info, images, credit the model authors here on the site.

Camera work: 7 points +
More then decent, too fast in places.

Dialog: X
No dialog cinematic, so I'l just put an X here.

Music and or voice acting: 8 points +
Nice use of music.

Conclusion

24eyv87.gif
24eyv87.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif

In overall: 52 / 90
57%
minimal 50% met.
For the hive grade: 2/5 I suggest this map for: Approval
In overall it is a interesting battle scene. You need to add more info here work on it maybe a bit, the lag mostly. The story isn't neccesary that much since it's only one scene.
Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Last edited:
Level 4
3/5 from me at this moment and mini-moderator vote was REVIEW. Till you fix the lag at credit scenario, I don't think it was ready for approval.

I don't wanted a approval for this scene^^
I just uploaded it caus... ye... dunno^^.. It's just made for the scene contest.. and I was the only one who participated before the deadline -_- ...

4) Credit scenario was lagging, you probably have a serious memory leak in your trigger. I do not mind a memory leak at single player cinematic, but when the cinematic is lagging it was unacceptable.

Leaks in this map?.. isn't really important in my point of view. and come'on.. leaks' can't be the reason for laggs in a 2min cinematik(including credits)... caus I've no period triggers with point leaks... well okay I've some^^ but I turned them off after using it... (and it doesn't lag on my computer... o_O)

You need to add more info here work on it maybe a bit, the lag mostly.
btw... which lag do you mean? I don't get what u mean... when does this lag happen?..

Lag: 3 points -
Credits laged quite a lot.

ah now i see... well the credits won't be judged^^

The contest rules was to make a scene between 60 and 90 seconds... and I DON'T have to tell a story just a little scene fitting to the theme "hunt" ;)

greets

Level 31
Leaks in this map?.. isn't really important in my point of view. and come'on.. leaks' can't be the reason for laggs in a 2min cinematik(including credits)... caus I've no period triggers with point leaks... well okay I've some^^ but I turned them off after using it... (and it doesn't lag on my computer... o_O)

Not only region leak, there is many thing else that leak such as unit group. And don't think a 2 minutes cinematic won't lag just because of it, even a 15 second map would lag if there is a serious memory leak occur.

Level 12
I liked it very much.

You are inspirated by GreatNoob work, arent you?

Efects were very good, and it was original. But the camera in some parts was moving ugly.

But the credits were the best part, very interesting idea, it could be little bit laggy but it didnt have effect on watching.

Terrain is not very important in these battle cinematics, it was just average as it should be, but nothing special though.

4/5

Level 4
Not only region leak, there is many thing else that leak such as unit group.
I'm not a noob ... I know the sorts of leakin... ._.
One leak won't cause lag, it's geting noticeable when you come up to around 200 leaks The more leaks you stack up the worse lag you will get.
I just wanted to say that I can't believe that those leaks (I've got in this scene) causes some lags.. caus I DIDN'T notice any lags :C....

You are inspirated by GreatNoob work, arent you?
GreatNoob work?.. sry what?^^.. I don't know him

Terrain is not very important in these battle cinematics, it was just average as it should be, but nothing special though.

Ye I think that too^^
Thanks Restor for your postive feedback^^

Level 4
Credit scenario was lagging,

olololol >.> I haven't seen that.. lol now i understand xD.. thx septimus^^..
lol I thought" WTF?.. there is no laaaaaag".. well I'll have a look at it xD

GreatNoob-made that cinematic Illidan vs Manoroth "The vision", you have the same music in your cinematic, if i remember correctly

lol sry^^... but I don't know this cinematic.. xD I made an own Illidan vs mannoroth cin.. (It was my first cinematic ever ;).. and it's baad xD)

EDIT: ähm..lol... why do you have some laggs during the credit scene?.. I have no lag... o_O.. and my computer isn't top.. so I think it should be fine... I swear I have no lag during the whole cinematic.. :C