• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

River Scene

Reactions: Traxamillion
This is a simple beta screen saver map. Load it from warcraft and it will run a number of repetitive events.

Current Events
-Elf visit
-Storm
-Winds
-Gnoll visit
-Calm
-Infernal Vs. 3 footmen
-Boat

In the works
-Hunter
-Ghoul
-Seasons
-Wolf Pack Vs. 2 Swordsman
-Waiting for suggestions

Current annoyances
-no camera switches
-Did you find any thing?

Fixed bugs
-can quit
-random events
-random order
-random numbers

Not much, but it is only in a beta version

Keywords:
beta, open source, river, cinematic, screen saver
Contents

River Scene (Map)

Reviews
13:48, 27th Aug 2008 Septimus: Not ready for approval yet. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/796404-post5.html

M

13:48, 27th Aug 2008
Septimus: Not ready for approval yet.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/796404-post5.html

Level 2
No offense but, that was really boring. Nothing happened except for rain and a occasional unit walking from the river to the woods. This needs some action. I like the camera view and the terrain (waterfall). Good jobs on that part.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Bad (2)
2) Trigger - Bad (2)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error - Average (3)
5) Replay Value - Bad (2)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Bad (2)
7) Use of imported material -
8) Single player - Bad (2)
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
11) Originality -
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Average (3)
16) Credits -
17) Storyline -
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Bad (2)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Average (3)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Bad (2)
23) Game Mode -
24) Function -
25) Unit Placement - Bad (2)

Total Accumulation Point : 37/70 * 100 + (-14) (Review) = 38.85

[+] -
[!] -
[-] - This screensaver have no victory condition.
[-] - Camera stay lock at the same position all the time.
[-] - The waterfall look very bad.

Review : Ok, before the cinematic begin. You should create a dialog button that indicate a user how long do they want to view this cinematic. 1 min ? 3 min ? 5 min ? or 30 min ?

If you look at our computer screensaver, you would notice it have some sort of function like wait XXX min before activate screensaver.

Without the victory condition, the cinematic not only repeat. But, user have to press alt+f4 to quit which I consider it as major bug. I cannot approve this map due to this condition.

And the waterfall look bad, if you view the waterfall carefully. You would notice the lack of destructible/doodad on it. Try do some research about terraining, you would notice a few excellent waterfall scenery.

The river also lack of certain destructible/doodad as well.

Another -14 point for this map.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 38/100
Rating - 2/5
Condition - Bad
Status - Pending (Suspend)
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 8
Ok just a tip:

Make things happen at random times... not in order...
Add a few more doodads its rather boring at the moment.
There are a few things u could add

Possibilities:
A stag and a smaller deer walk up to the water for a drink... a hunter slowely approaches behind the trees and fires at one of the deer killing one...

You could also do something with undead... A caravan of undead wade through the water if there are any bodies around have a few ghouls cannabalize or have a meatwagon collect the corpses...

You could also make seasons... have the screen dim... and change the trees to Lorderean fall... or something...

Could have a few human peasants wander in and construct a scout tower...

just a few ideas...

Level 2
Thanks for the Ideas thunder, i'll give you credit for them. Seasons would be excellent, havent quite figured out how to randomize events yet but that is kind of important, BTW, is it allowed or even possible to bump maps?

Level 5
well first off i thought: wtf, no cinematic mode, ain't it a cinematic?

but then i noticed what an awesome three dimentional feeling this gives to a cinematic, if u can click every unit in a scene but you can not interfere (well in ur cinematic one can)

so ur cinematic is unfortunatly rather cheap - but u gave me an awesome idea what i love you for ;)