• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Scene

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Battle Scene (Map)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
OK, here's some critisizm. Late, but not too late, I hope...

Story: Well there is no real story, or should there be one? So we are going to look at this as a seperated scene extracted from a non-existing movie...

Terrain: Quite bad. Nearly no texturing, very few doodads (were there any?), height field useless, much too steep, e.g. the catapults were half under the earth. 2/5, nice rated.

Cameras: Were OK. I would say, they were often much too slow and waited longer than necessary in their way, e.g. the armies attacked, passed the camera and it lasts about 2 seconds until the movie resumes.
Some nearer cameras would be good, too. 3/5

Sound/music: Best thing here, not easy to improve. The use of game sounds for the dialogues was good, but seemed a bit random... 4/5

Performance: not difficult to handle in this tiny map... one hint: if you don't need 5000 far clipping, you can make it smaller.3/5

All in all: 3/5, not including story.
Much to improve on this cinematic, I hope my critisizm won't be useless! :)
Yours truly
Waldbaer